Obama vs. The Democrats

MG1968

That’s No Moon…
Obama Hurls Insults at Liberals on Trade | Observer

Mr. Obama’s tirades on trade have included accusations that these liberal Democrats are ignorant about trade policy, insincere when offering their opinions, motivated by politics and not the national interest, and backward looking towards the past. Obama’s repeated attacks against Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.), in which he charged that Warren’s concern about the trade bill is motivated not by a reasoned view of what is right for America but by her personal political motivations, is one of the most dishonest and repellant examples of character assassination and contempt by any American president, against any leading member of his own party, in my lifetime.

Reactions: 4 people
If this whole episode doesn't make the public start to realize everything in DC is just a theater... we are doomed. You have the Republicans, who made a huge deal that they didn't get a chance to read Obomacare before it was passed, fully on board with legislation authorizing the President to negotiate a trade deal in secret. While Democrats, who couldn't wait to pass Obamacare so they could see what was in it, are the ones blocking.

WTF

Reactions: 2 people
This just shows how broken our country is. The Republicans are listening to the Chamber of Commerce and trying to push something that is detrimental to American workers while Warren is using this for political ammunition when she runs in 2016 (since Hillary is now viewed is a problem within their party).

Reactions: 1 person
If this whole episode doesn't make the public start to realize everything in DC is just a theater... we are doomed. You have the Republicans, who made a huge deal that they didn't get a chance to read Obomacare before it was passed, fully on board with legislation authorizing the President to negotiate a trade deal in secret. While Democrats, who couldn't wait to pass Obamacare so they could see what was in it, are the ones blocking.

WTF

Not that I support this trade deal but you're off base.

All this bill did was allow the POTUS to negotiate the deal (almost any trade deal) without input from Congress. The Senate would still have to approve any deal, just couldn't change it.

All this bill did was allow the POTUS to negotiate the deal (almost any trade deal) without input from Congress. The Senate would still have to approve any deal, just couldn't change it.

Why doesn't he just go ahead and declare himself Emperor, then all this would be a moot point..😜

Why doesn't he just go ahead and declare himself Emperor, then all this would be a moot point..😜

He still has plenty of time. If we make it through his presidency without him declaring martial law and making a power grab, I will be amazed.

Reactions: 2 people
0bama has a history of calling women "sweetie". It's rude and condescending especially from our President. Obviously Sen Warren and 0bama aren't friends so him calling her "Elizabeth" vs "Senator Warren" is a put down

0bama has a history of calling women "sweetie". It's rude and condescending especially from our President. Obviously Sen Warren and 0bama aren't friends so him calling her "Elizabeth" vs "Senator Warren" is a put down

Yeah, the old school guys that my friend works with at her dental practice in the South will call her "Dr. [First name]" instead of "Dr. [Last name]" like they do the men.

It's backwards and it does go a way to legitimize the accomplishments that a female doctor has undergone to get her DDS.

I'm not a feminist by any means, but that does kind of grind my gears.

How am I off base? I'm just saying everyone's bull meter should be pinging. TPP has been completely secret... that should raise concerns in itself. Per a HuffPo article, "In fact, members of Congress can only see the draft trade agreement in a secure basement room, after leaving cell phones at the door. Those who have seen the text are later allowed to provide only broad descriptions of what it contains. Given this level of secrecy, it is hard to have any kind of rational debate about a deal that is enthusiastically supported mainly by Republican Senators, who are apparently keen to thwart the President on every item of his agenda except this one."

Using recent history as a guide TPP will be rubber stamped, most congressmen won't even get a chance (or bother) to read it. The trade agreement will probably be written by corporations for corporations, just like Obamacare was written by insurance companies; and the public won't know what's in it until it passes.

He still has plenty of time. If we make it through his presidency without him declaring martial law and making a power grab, I will be amazed.

It's statements like this that get our party laughed out of the room. Until we stop with this crap, or his birth certificate, or that he is out to destroy the country, everyone in the middle just shakes their head and will vote on the other side.

Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back