What Have You Changed Your Mind On?

n_huffhines

What's it gonna cost?
Just curious what y'all have changed your mind on. I saw research that suggested adults don't change their minds much about politics, especially after the age of 25. Who of you thwart that notion? It doesn't have to be a complete 180, but if you changed your position significantly, I think it counts. For me the big ones that come to mind are:

War on Terror
War on Drugs
Abortion
Immigration
Gay Marriage
Monetary Policy

I used to be a big time statist. It was through finding out about Ron Paul that my whole world view began to change. Reading Dr. Paul's books led me to Murray Rothbard, Albert Jay Nock, Lysander Spooner, Hans Herman Hoppe, and a whole host of other "radicals" that made me question my view on how things really are, as well as how much trouble we're really in. If I had to list things I've changed my mind on, It'd be a long list. I'll just say government in general.

Reactions: 1 person
Hard Drugs
Immigration
4th Amendment
Metaphysics
Religion
Voting
Political Philosophy (ideal structure)
Marriage (nature, not gay)
Criminal Justice
'merica vs the world

Those are just off the top of my head. I continue to evolve. If you keep keep an open mind and seek out experiences contrary to your norm and pick the minds of people who hold different views, it is bound to happen.

Too often, people wrap themselves in a cocoon of self-righteousness. Little surprise that their views rarely change.

Reactions: 3 people
Abortion - used to be against now I don't care/somewhat encourage it
Immigration - Worried me when I worked menial wage jobs..dont care anymore
Gay Marriage - Used to be against but now just against marriage as a whole. For it now if they wanna make that mistake
War on Drugs - I bought into the DARE hype as a kid. I personally dont use drugs but its apparent we waste too many resources, human and money, fighting an endless war.

Reactions: 3 people
I've changed my mind on pot legalization / decriminalization. This has evolved to other drugs like acid, ecstacy and cocaine as well. Doubt i will ever be okay with heroin, crack, pcp though.

I've given up the fight on gay marriage, abortion, and other social issues. I simply don't care enough about some to invest the emotional energy to debate. Others, i care deeply about but fighting with others will never change the laws in our country and it will likely never change the opinion of someone who thinks differently. Additionally, some of these issues pale in comparison to the idiotic financial policies of our government which will effect everyone regardless of their social views.

I've stopped voting. In Tennessee the vote will alays favor the conservative / republicans whether I vote or not. So, why bother.

Changed my opinion on Libertarians as well.

I've changed my mind on pot legalization / decriminalization. This has evolved to other drugs like acid, ecstacy and cocaine as well. Doubt i will ever be okay with heroin, crack, pcp though.

I've given up the fight on gay marriage, abortion, and other social issues. I simply don't care enough about some to invest the emotional energy to debate. Others, i care deeply about but fighting with others will never change the laws in our country and it will likely never change the opinion of someone who thinks differently. Additionally, some of these issues pale in comparison to the idiotic financial policies of our government which will effect everyone regardless of their social views.

I've stopped voting. In Tennessee the vote will alays favor the conservative / republicans whether I vote or not. So, why bother.

Changed my opinion on Libertarians as well.

Legalized opium would help keep heroin use down. Same with cocaine for crack. Idfk why anyone would willingly ingest pcp, so Idfk.

Legalized opium would help keep heroin use down. Same with cocaine for crack. Idfk why anyone would willingly ingest pcp, so Idfk.

Just legalizing weed would help, because people use hard stuff to get their high because it's out of their system sooner. Weed is in for weeks, so it's most likely to cost you a job or violate your probation.

We already have that. You just have to have a doctor's prescription.

I use to think Christina Aguilera was smoking hot. Not anymore as much since she's put on a few pounds.

Better be for the better. If ya know what's good for ya!

Not to worry McDad. Just a play on my favorite quote from Blazing Saddles. Go back to your drinking and fighting. I have no preconceived notions about the Irish.

VN Store

Back