Puerto Rico statehood

I used to think this was a given, and Puerto Ricans support it by majority. But it will not happen anytime soon. Republican Congress will make sure of that.

Sorry, Puerto Rico, you're **** out of luck due to our stupid ass bi-party system here in the mainland.

The last election for statehood ended with approx. 54% for question #1;(change current status from commonwealth): #2 was about statehood and 61% voted of it.

if America has any hopes of legalizing recreational drugs, then we need Puerto Rico. We must break our addiction to Foreign cocaine.

Reactions: 2 people
I used to think this was a given, and Puerto Ricans support it by majority. But it will not happen anytime soon. Republican Congress will make sure of that.

Sorry, Puerto Rico, you're **** out of luck due to our stupid ass bi-party system here in the mainland.

Puerto Ricans don't want statehood....

Why be a state and pay federal income taxes?

Why be a state when they receive all the benefits of being a state without contributing?

Why would we want to make a state out of a territory where the average family income is under $20,000?

The biggest employer in Puerto Rico is the national guard..think about that one...

Reactions: 2 people
Living in Orlando I can attest that making Puerto Rico a state is the worst idea I have ever heard off, next to letting Iran have nukes.

Reactions: 3 people
Interesting some are saying no. And here I thought we came to be because we thought taxation without representation was wrong.

if America has any hopes of legalizing recreational drugs, then we need Puerto Rico. We must break our addiction to Foreign cocaine.

Actually Puerto Rico's major export is crime; GTA, rape, shootings, etc. Oh and terrible driving and an inability to park on cement (cars on yards). MY fellow central floridians can back me up on this.

Once upon a time there was a thriving coffee industry but none of the islanders want to work for a living anymore.

So until then we will be dependent on Colombia for are hard drugs :(

Cant even buy American anymore.

Reactions: 1 person
Actually Puerto Rico's major export is crime; GTA, rape, shootings, etc. Oh and terrible driving and an inability to park on cement (cars on yards). MY fellow central floridians can back me up on this.

Once upon a time there was a thriving coffee industry but none of the islanders want to work for a living anymore.

So until then we will be dependent on Colombia for are hard drugs :(

Cant even buy American anymore.

You know how frustrating it is when we can't find workers to harvest good ole fashion American blow?

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back