What does the GOP have to do to win in 2016

RockyTop411

As Republicans gear up to “take back the White House” conservatives need to be aware of one startling fact: in 2012 if Romney had won the three swing states of Ohio, Florida, and Virginia,*he still would have lost the election.

For instance, let’s look at Wisconsin, with its 10 electoral votes. Every four years the Republican mindset says Wisconsin will be a swing state. Then, a few months into the campaign the state loses it’s coveted “battleground” status as polls begin to show its “blue” reality. The truth is that not since 1984, when Reagan won in a landslide against Walter Mondale, has Wisconsin seen red.

Or take Pennsylvania, with 20 electoral votes, and New York, with 29—both have been blue since Bill Clinton won them in 1992, and blue they will remain.

The left starts with 246 electoral college votes, which is 91% of the required amount to win.

Can a Republican Win 270 Electoral Votes in 2016...or Ever? - The Daily Beast

What has to happen for the GOP to win? I'm interested in everyone's thoughts, yes, even you LG.

The demographics give the Dems an edge in too many places, and its growing. GOP playbook must be combination of:

1) limit voting at times and in areas accessible to traditional Dem base, i.e. older people and especially minorities. They are trying this, but Dems are countering with higher turnout effort to counter it, and in the end the GOP ends up reinforcing the notion that it is the white party, and white party only.

2) court the Hispanic vote. GOP appears to collectively be retarded on this one. They just cannot bring themselves to embrace the inevitable here, and make it work. Instead, they demonize immigrants. Dumb. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Long-term their best chance is to do a reverse-Chinese thing. They need to have more white babies.

Reactions: 5 people
Stop blaming Obama for everything and come up with something known as ideas.

Democrats are still blaming Reagan, Nixon and Ford. Obama and his supporters need to grow thicker skin and understand that politics is a dirty business.

Reactions: 2 people
Nominate a Hispanic female.

mission_impossible_title_card.png

Reactions: 1 person
Democrats are still blaming Reagan, Nixon and Ford. Obama and his supporters need to grow thicker skin and understand that politics is a dirty business.

GOP isn't running on politics, in the traditional sense.

GOP does not criticize policy, in an honest way.

GOP is afraid. Very afraid.

And it shows.

Reactions: 4 people
Stop blaming Obama for everything and come up with something known as ideas.

I don't know what you're talking about... Republicans have an alternative health care plan...

... DIE TAKER!! Now, back to my 17 mistresses and family values preachin'.

Reactions: 4 people
The demographics give the Dems an edge in too many places, and its growing. GOP playbook must be combination of:

1) limit voting at times and in areas accessible to traditional Dem base, i.e. older people and especially minorities. They are trying this, but Dems are countering with higher turnout effort to counter it, and in the end the GOP ends up reinforcing the notion that it is the white party, and white party only.

2) court the Hispanic vote. GOP appears to collectively be retarded on this one. They just cannot bring themselves to embrace the inevitable here, and make it work. Instead, they demonize immigrants. Dumb. Dumb, dumb, dumb.

Long-term their best chance is to do a reverse-Chinese thing. They need to have more white babies.

Translation:
1) Dem voting base depends on illegal votes.
2) see #1.

I always liked the idea of hanging up signs in the highly populated democratic areas that says Republicans vote on Tuesday Democrats vote on Wednesday

The question was how the GOP will win the election. It's simple: stop shifting the blame on someone else, and come up with their own damn ideas.

If you are really disturbed by that, then abortions should be absolutely horrifying to you.

Oh yeah, I forgot we live in the alternate universe called VolNation where anyone that's not a Republican like to kill babies.

Reactions: 2 people

VN Store

Back