Valdosta State University supports American flag stomping

Wonder if she thinks she disrespected the flag when she posed with it for Playboy?

Link? Not doubting you, just being lazy.

Michelle Manhart - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Reference to Manhart's case appears in an academic article authored by Major Kelly L. McGovern in the March 2008 issue of The Army Lawyer. To quote, "Former Air Force Training Instructor Sergeant Michelle Manhart posed in and out of uniform for the February 2007 edition of Playboy magazine. Photos included Manhart in uniform yelling and holding weapons under the headline, 'Tough Love'. On the subsequent pages, Manhart appeared 'partially clothed, wearing her dog tags while working out, as well as completely nude.' The pictures hit the stands in January 2007, and the Air Force immediately relieved her of her duties pending an investigation. The Air Force then took administrative action against Manhart. She received a letter of reprimand for violating the uniform regulation and discrediting the armed forces. The Air Force also administratively demoted Manhart from staff sergeant to senior airman. In February, she was voluntarily discharged from the Air Force citing reasons of personal convenience."[8]

According to Playboy publicist Theresa Hennessey, two other active-duty servicewomen (both from the United States Navy) appeared in Playboy, Lieutenant Frederica Spilman in the June 1998 issue and IT2 Sherry Lynne White in the September 2000 issue. (White was discharged a few months prior to the end of her enlistment, Spilman was honorably discharged.) Seven women were featured in a "Women of the Armed Forces" pictorial in the April 1980 issue.[9]

Just Google her.

Telling private business owners how to operate is infinitely more troubling.

Valdosta State isn't a private business. It's a public university funded by tax payers. Or maybe you were referring to something else?

I don't know, I didn't ask her. Apparently you do. So I'll ask you, does either one bother you?

Here's the problem, she posed for Playboy (not a big deal, that's her right) yet draped herself in an American flag while doing so. And allowed it to touch the ground. Which is contrary to everything she (should have) learned in the military.

Kinda hypocritical there.

Yes, both incidents bother me. I fought for the nation that flag represents for 20 damn years and I'll be damned if a bunch of troublemakers want to stomp all over it. And I'll also be damned if someone wants to be hypocritical about abusing a flag when they did it themselves.

Reactions: 2 people
Here's the problem, she posed for Playboy (not a big deal, that's her right) yet draped herself in an American flag while doing so. And allowed it to touch the ground. Which is contrary to everything she (should have) learned in the military.

Kinda hypocritical there.

Yes, both incidents bother me. I fought for the nation that flag represents for 20 damn years and I'll be damned if a bunch of troublemakers want to stomp all over it. And I'll also be damned if someone wants to be hypocritical about abusing a flag when they did it themselves.

Thanks for the response GV.

Those that were protesting are of the militant black panther ilk.....

When a slave understands his situation and understands he doesn’t want to be in slavery, he does not respect or revere anything his slave master has put in front of him, a VSU student told the newspaper.

It's quite simple really..... If you're a slave..... You're free to GTFO of here and go back from where it is you think you came👊

A "slave" currently obtaining a college degree.... Riiiight.

VSU is my alma mater. I'm embarrassed by these protesters but respect their right to peaceful protest. It's interesting how they can so boldly tread upon the flag but have unanimously shrunk to all opportunities and requests for public interviews to air their apparent transgressions.

As for the veteran, she was just doing what any warm blooded patriot would do. She my be a hypocrite, but I applaud her conviction; misplaced as it may be.

There was a time not so long ago that Americans actually had some respect for the flag and what it represents. Now the sentiment is " it's a free country"..... "1st amendment"....and they're right, but that doesn't mean it's still not BS to see azzholes like these trampling it.

There was a time not so long ago that Americans actually had some respect for the flag and what it represents. Now the sentiment is " it's a free country"..... "1st amendment"....and they're right, but that doesn't mean it's still not BS to see azzholes like these trampling it.

I agree it's disgraceful, trashy, and I freely admit I look down on anyone that does so but will proudly defend their constitutional right to do it.

Reactions: 4 people
Gotta love that race card being forced in there when it had zero to do with race.

Oh well, if it's the only card you know how to play, may as well play it every single time.

Last edited:
The flag is a piece of cloth just as the bible and koran are just paper. Getting arrested or upset over what someone does with their own property is stupid.

Now if they were trying to stomp on my flag, that's a different story.

VN Store

Back