Former Blackwater Contractors Get Railroaded

davethevol

Don’t hate me because I’m beautiful......
These guys got screwed by the US Government. Obama and Holder are making an example out of these guys and giving another gift to terrorists.

Ex-guards get lengthy prison sentences for Iraq shootings | WATE-TV

2 of the guys that are part of this group are from TN, and there is plenty of evidence available to the public that shows these contractors acted in self defense.

I do think the weapons charges are completely bogus. The weapons they used were issued by the Department of State and were US Government owned.

How can you charge someone for using a weapon you gave to them?

Did you read it?

Yep. And here's a piece from another article.
Prosecutors said the shooting was unprovoked. But with little forensic evidence and no ballistics linking any gunman to any victim, the case came down to the testimony of witnesses. Many told conflicting stories, forcing prosecutors to urge jurors to believe some aspects of their own case and discount others.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/10/23/us/blackwater-verdict.html?_r=0

Also..... Under federal law, the government has jurisdiction for overseas crimes committed by defense contractors or those supporting the Pentagon’s mission. Blackwater was working for the State Department, a distinction that jurors concluded did not matter but which has not been tested.

The Justice Department did not have the authority to prosecute these guys even if they were guilty.

Reactions: 1 person
No American or ally should ever be tried for killing Iraqi's or Afghani's.

This whole this is/was bogus and they got screwed by Uncle Sam.

The investigation that was done on this was like having the Sheriff from Dukes of Hazzard being in charge WITH literally no evidence or scientific forensics.

Last edited:
Did you read it?

Yes, did you? The article presented no evidence either way that could be construed as factual. I remember this but didn't realize that they had been recharged. Of course, barry and co dug this back up to make brownie points.

I do think the weapons charges are completely bogus. The weapons they used were issued by the Department of State and were US Government owned.

How can you charge someone for using a weapon you gave to them to use in a job that you hired them for in the first place?

fify....

How can you charge someone for using a weapon you gave to them?

Can we charge the Secretary of State or Defense Secretary from 2007?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
If you want to blame someone for this, I suggest you consider Dick Cheney. But for the misadventure there to begin with it doesn't happen.

If you want to blame someone for this, I suggest you consider Dick Cheney. But for the misadventure there to begin with it doesn't happen.

Dick Cheney and Bush will have to answer to God someday, but in the mean time they aren't the ones prosecuting innocent men. Did you see one of the bolded parts that states that ballistics from the victims doesn't match the weapons of the accused? That, along with conflicting eyewitness testimony should have gotten this cased tossed. In fact, the first judge that dealt with it did toss it out.

Dick Cheney and Bush will have to answer to God someday, but in the mean time they aren't the ones prosecuting innocent men. Did you see one of the bolded parts that states that ballistics from the victims doesn't match the weapons of the accused? That, along with conflicting eyewitness testimony should have gotten this cased tossed. In fact, the first judge that dealt with it did toss it out.

You are free to disagree with the verdict, of course, and seems like they have some decent appellate arguments. But the jury thought they were guilty and the judge appears to have been appalled by their actions.

You are also conveniently ignoring that some of the testimony that it was criminal came from other guards in the convoy.

Actual guilt or innocence means nothing to attorneys like LG. His side winning is all that matters.

You are free to disagree with the verdict, of course, and seems like they have some decent appellate arguments. But the jury thought they were guilty and the judge appears to have been appalled by their actions.

You are also conveniently ignoring that some of the testimony that it was criminal came from other guards in the convoy.

The other guards that were threatened with prison if they didn't testify? You are conveniently ignoring the ballistics results.

You could also blame Clinton. Without his budget slashes and troop cuts in the 90s, the military might have been able to perform that mission.

But like all things LG, you'll blame anyone that you don't agree with.

Last edited:
Can we charge the Secretary of State of Defense Secretary from 2007?

Funny that you mention that.

The laws they were charged under were specifically made for Defense Department civilian personnel. These guys were State Department contractors so technically, the law wouldn't apply to them anyway. (as if laws applied to Blackwater as it was)

Or how about blaming people who VOTED to go to war? Wasn't your old bag Hillary one of them?...

In case you've been living in a cave for a few years, recap: WMDs found in Iraq. Bush vindicated.

...and even if they were never found, I suppose that saddam's mass killings with nerve and mustard gas was a hoax or he used every single ounce at his disposal and none were found, right?

VN Store

Back