Who was/is the Biggest Traitor in American History?

volprof

Destroyer of Nihilists
Jon Stewart did an absolutely brilliant piece on Dick Cheney last night, basically accusing him of treason to the United States (but without explicitly saying it).

Seriously, it's funny and insightful, albeit a little long: The Jon Stewart Mysteries Presents, The Case of the Iranian Agent! - The Daily Show - Video Clip | Comedy Central

That got me to thinking. Who would you consider this nation's biggest traitor?

Honestly, I have to agree with Jon. I don't think there's been any other human being, foreign or domestic, to weaken the position of these United States more than Dick Cheney. A truly evil man, and a master of propaganda to manipulate patriotic Americans to his bidding.

Reactions: 13 people
Jon Stewart did an absolutely brilliant piece on Dick Cheney last night, basically accusing him of treason to the United States (but without explicitly saying it).

Seriously, it's funny and insightful, albeit a little long: The Jon Stewart Mysteries Presents, The Case of the Iranian Agent! - The Daily Show - Video Clip | Comedy Central

Honestly, I have to agree with Jon. I don't think there's been any other human being, foreign or domestic, to weaken the position of these United States more than Dick Cheney. A truly evil man, and a master of propaganda to manipulate patriotic Americans to his bidding.

Dick Cheney is a truly evil man? Good grief. You can say he is misguided or that you don't agree with his policies, etc but calling him evil is a stretch. When I think of evil I think of Hitler and Stalin and contrary to what Rachel Maddow says, Cheney is not even closely related to either of those 2.

Reactions: 5 people
I need to know if this is one of the times he is just being a comedian or if this is one of the times I should take him seriously.

Reactions: 5 people
Weakening the position of the United States is not the definition of treason.

Indeed. But purposely sending her young men to die for your financial interests and to strengthen Iran (once again, for your financial interests) certainly are.

Dick Cheney should have his face smashed in and be strung up in Washington like Mussolini was in Rome.

I actually thought this even before this Stewart segment. Now, I'm even more convinced. That man has absolutely drove this country into the ground in terms of its current foreign relations.

For the record, I don't really have anything against Bush. I think he was just a (probably well-intentioned) novice that got ran-over in the White House.

Reactions: 4 people

Koch brothers

Reactions: 1 person
If he is so awful, why do they keep having him on Meet The Press?

Because our higher up politicians are untouchable now.

In the 1700s or 1800s, had a Richard Dick Cheney come along, the American public would have had his head on a platter.

As they rightfully should have. And should now. He's responsible for more American lives than even bin Laden.

And anyone can question that, but you should watch the Stewart segment if so. If that doesn't remove any doubt from your mind about what a traitor Cheney is, then you're just biased and nothing will influence you.

Reactions: 3 people
Indeed. But purposely sending her young men to die for your financial interests and to strengthen Iran (once again, for your financial interests) certainly are.

Dick Cheney should have his face smashed in and be strung up in Washington like Mussolini was in Rome.

I actually thought this even before this Stewart segment. Now, I'm even more convinced. That man has absolutely drove this country into the ground in terms of its current foreign relations.

For the record, I don't really have anything against Bush. I think he was just a (probably well-intentioned) novice that got ran-over in the White House.

Ok. I didn't know a VP had such vast powers.

I also don't recall DC allowing sensitive rocket technology to be stolen (sold) by a communist government for campaign donations.

Reactions: 7 people

Pretty much. This guy sounds like some biblical character, no heart beat and definitely played a part in killing millions of people. I can't believe the families of those who died while serving allow him to walk around freely.

Reactions: 2 people
Dick Cheney is a truly evil man? Good grief. You can say he is misguided or that you don't agree with his policies, etc but calling him evil is a stretch. When I think of evil I think of Hitler and Stalin and contrary to what Rachel Maddow says, Cheney is not even closely related to either of those 2.

So your scale for determining evil is whether or not a human being can match up to Stalin or Hitler?

Why don't you just add Mao to that list as well?

In the 1700s or 1800s, had a Richard Dick Cheney come along, the American public would have had his head on a platter.

As they rightfully should have. And should now. He's responsible for more American lives than even bin Laden.

And anyone can question that, but you should watch the Stewart segment if so. If that doesn't remove any doubt from your mind about what a traitor Cheney is, then you're just biased and nothing will influence you.

No offense but Jon Stewart is a comedian not a political historian or some think tank. I would take what he says at face value.

Reactions: 4 people

I also don't recall DC allowing sensitive rocket technology to be stolen (sold) by a communist government for campaign donations.

Business interests know no bounds. I'm actually going to side with my archenemesis, Ras, here.

I'm just laughing. Jon Stewart is a credible source to you.

I thought Bush was bad, I really did. But then I saw that Seinfeld routine and am absolutely convinced!! Watch it man!

Meanwhile, if any of Stewarts claims are questioned, "hey, I'm just a comedian!"

Well you certainly haven't looked into his views and stance prior to the war.

So your scale for determining evil is whether or not a human being can match up to Stalin or Hitler?

Why don't you just add Mao to that list as well?

Mao is on that list.

The definition of evil is profoundly immoral, wickedness, depravity, and malevolent.

So no, I do not think Dick Cheney fits that mold.

Reactions: 2 people
No offense but Jon Stewart is a comedian not a political historian or some think tank. I would take what he says at face value.

Do you take what O'Reilly says at face value?

Stewart is much sharper, and, quite frankly, much less partisan, than O'Reilly is.

I'm not trying to label you. You may or may not watch O'Reilly. I'm just trying to give some perspective on Stewart for people who may not have a good familiarity with him. But, yes, he is a liberal. Certainly.

I don't watch fake news shows that promote people who think that Juden & untermensch are funny terms

VN Store

Back