....But apparently this is ok to do.

Coug

Arizona police are saying deadly force was authorized. I'm pretty sure this is not on the list but they're now trying to justify the action. The driver also damaged private property in the process.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ckqk2yD2FkU[/youtube]

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StkI0tGQ3EI[/youtube]

All they know is violent tactics... not non-violent tactics. There are a dozen other ways to have handled this besides using a Crown Victoria...

Cops are getting out of control

I've seen some respectable sources claim police abuse is actually on the decline. We just are more aware of it when it happens because of the digital age. The digital age is precisely why cops are getting less abusive, IMO.

Reactions: 4 people
And seriously, this is one of the most disturbing things I've ever seen.

There are fairly good odds that someone behaving this way is mentally ill. You can't treat every incident like it's your last chance to stop Hitler, or some ****.

Reactions: 3 people
Totally justified IMO. The guy had a loaded gun and was getting very close to some businesses. The victim chose to carry a loaded a gun down the street. He chose to commit crimes earlier in the day. He got what was coming to him. He put himself in that situation. I agree that the police have overreacted in many circumstances lately , but not this time.

Last edited:
Reactions: 10 people
Totally justified IMO. The guy had a loaded gun and was getting very close to some businesses. The victim chose to carry a loaded a gun down the street. He chose to commit crimes earlier in the day. He had what was coming to him. He put himself in that situation. I agree that the police have overreacted in many circumstances lately , but not this time.
This.

All they know is violent tactics... not non-violent tactics. There are a dozen other ways to have handled this besides using a Crown Victoria...

I'm pretty sure when you carry a loaded weapon down the road, following robbing a convenience store with a weapon, setting fire to an occupied church, and breaking into a house then stealing their car you have "violent tactics" coming your way. Most of the people in this thread would be the same ones crying "the police do nothing" if the guy had raised the gun and shot a kid playing across the street, or walked into a business and blasted all the customers.

Reactions: 2 people
Totally justified IMO. The guy had a loaded gun and was getting very close to some businesses. The victim chose to carry a loaded a gun down the street. He chose to commit crimes earlier in the day. He had what was coming to him. He put himself in that situation. I agree that the police have overreacted in many circumstances lately , but not this time.
Agree, it wasn't pretty, but it worked.

Cops need bean bolo's and net guns..they work in cartoons and should work in real life.

My question is who's going to pay to fix that wall and other damage?

I don't have a problem with the cops taking the guy down but come on. They need to pay for the damage, or at least the deductible.

I have no doubt the city will end up paying for the damages in the long run. But I was semi-serious that the guy should be the one to have to pay for it. Had he not been acting the fool, none of this would have happened.

Reactions: 1 person
I have no doubt the city will end up paying for the damages in the long run. But I was semi-serious that the guy should be the one to have to pay for it. Had he not been acting the fool, none of this would have happened.

I agree but what are the chances he will ever have the money to make restitution?

I'd be a little pissed if I were the property owner.

VN Store

Back