Redneck Dixon White Calls Out White America In Viral Video

The racist country with the black president....makes sense to me.

I don't like all this crap as much as the next person and believe that the "voices" are race baiters, but to say there are not still racists in this country is ignorant.

Reactions: 4 people
I don't like all this crap as much as the next person and believe that the "voices" are race baiters, but to say there are not still racists in this country is ignorant.

It would be ignorant for me to argue with your false premise.

Reactions: 4 people
One only needs to look at what happened in South Carolina last week to know we still have a problem in the United States with race.

But so does every civilization.

One only needs to look at what happened in South Carolina last week to know we still have a problem in the United States with race.

And one of those problems is the assumption that every time a black suspect is killed by a white cop race or racism was a component of the shooting.

Reactions: 6 people

You mean the cop wouldn't have fired if the guy was white? Or if the guy was white it wouldn't have made the news?

Reactions: 3 people
And one of those problems is the assumption that every time a black suspect is killed by a white cop race or racism was a component of the shooting.

I'm not going down this rabbit hole with you. The cop has a history of these type of assaults against African-Americans. Stop trying to be clever.

Has he been charged with a hate crime? I just thought he was a lazy moron

Ha. Maybe it's a bit of both.

You mean the cop wouldn't have fired if the guy was white? Or if the guy was white it wouldn't have made the news?

A lot of people would compare the videos of the shooting in SC and the Walmart brawl that came out last week as well. They would point out in the Walmart incident the police fought the family for over 6 minutes and only when one of the family members had taken an officers fire arm and shot once, did any of the police draw and fire their weapon. They would suggest that had that been a family of Black people shots would have been fired a lot sooner. They could be right, they could be wrong.

Reactions: 1 person
A lot of people would compare the videos of the shooting in SC and the Walmart brawl that came out last week as well. They would point out in the Walmart incident the police fought the family for over 6 minutes and only when one of the family members had taken an officers fire arm and shot once, did any of the police draw and fire their weapon. They would suggest that had that been a family of Black people shots would have been fired a lot sooner. They could be right, they could be wrong.

One can only speculate.

There are racist of all colors, creeds, religions and economic status in every part of the world. Always has been and probably always will be.

What's wrong with recognizing that the system, on the whole, benefits white Americans, on the whole more so than black Americans? Now, I would argue that a lot of that is now economic, i.e. the motivation for the system favoring one over the other is not as much based on race as it is on class position. We have always had that, and probably always will. But if you don't think that the objective result of that is that the system is more inclined to benefit white Americans, then you are simply delusional.

You don't have to be a racist to admit that, overall, the system is set up such that the generally more advantaged white Americans are going to prosper more so than their black counterparts.

Reactions: 5 people
What's wrong with recognizing that the system, on the whole, benefits white Americans, on the whole more so than black Americans? Now, I would argue that a lot of that is now economic, i.e. the motivation for the system favoring one over the other is not as much based on race as it is on class position. We have always had that, and probably always will. But if you don't think that the objective result of that is that the system is more inclined to benefit white Americans, then you are simply delusional.

You don't have to be a racist to admit that, overall, the system is set up such that the generally more advantaged white Americans are going to prosper more so than their black counterparts.

While I'm not going to totally disagree with this, the bottom line on this is social environment. Based on optics, yes the system does favor advantaged white Americans.

That being said, if someone in a poor household (white, black, Hispanic) has parents that stay on them from an early age regarding discipline, focusing on school work, etc., the opportunities to go to college are great. So I'd argue that just a big an issue here is social environment.

While I'm not going to totally disagree with this, the bottom line on this is social environment. Based on optics, yes the system does favor advantaged white Americans.

That being said, if someone in a poor household (white, black, Hispanic) has parents that stay on them from an early age regarding discipline, focusing on school work, etc., the opportunities to go to college are great. So I'd argue that just a big an issue here is social environment.

But that is far more likely to occur when the family is already at least somewhat prosperous, would you not agree?

Not always. But more often.

Reactions: 1 person

What Wal-Mart brawl? Did I miss something?

But that is far more likely to occur when the family is already at least somewhat prosperous, would you not agree?

Not always. But more often.

Yes and no. It's a generational thing. That's the problem with too much government assistance. I believe in a safety net, but at some point you've got to focus on getting people back to work.

This example is kind of related. A young kid in a poor part of town goes to an after-school program. The program only offers fruits and veggies as snacks. The kid says he is allergic to carrots. Program leader says to get a note from a parent saying the child is allergic to carrots. Kid comes in next day with a note from the parent that he's allergic to carrots. That parent was obviously in a position where he/she was never made to eat fruits and veggies.

If kids aren't shown what work looks like and just being on government assistance, then they won't have any motivation.

VN Store

Back