Bill to make Bible the official state book of Tennessee

"Rep. Bill Sanderson, the subcommittee's chairman, said a formal legal opinion has been requested from Attorney General Herbert Slatery. But Sanderson said preliminary word is that the state's top attorney said the measure could be constitutionally suspect"

Don't see it happening, Bart. Squawk louder.

Reactions: 1 person
Sounds good. now the people of Tennessee can hold the book with the same regard as they do a raccoon, an Iris, the mockingbird,and the Tennessee waltz

Reactions: 1 person
I had to look up Bean Station. It's named after the first white settler in Tennessee. Paved the way for many :hi:

It's a special place. We always stop at the bean station Iga on our way to the lake house. Puts Walmart to shame for people watching but they have some amazing fireworks stands nearby

Sounds good. now the people of Tennessee can hold the book with the same regard as they do a raccoon, an Iris, the mockingbird,and the Tennessee waltz

the iris has almost become a weed for us, as it is the one thing that actually grows in our yard.

It's a special place. We always stop at the bean station Iga on our way to the lake house. Puts Walmart to shame for people watching but they have some amazing fireworks stands nearby

Didn't there used to be some post-juvenile reform institution there?

what should the state book be if any?

we have a state bird, flower, etc.

front-Cover-2014.jpg

Reactions: 7 people
I thought this there was already a thread about this a few months ago.

Anyway, can I propose a state video game?

what should the state book be if any?

we have a state bird, flower, etc.

I would suggest "Suttree" by Cormac McCarthy as the state book.

The setting for the book is Knoxville, the author lived in Knoxville and attended the University of Tennessee and there is a bar on Gay Street named after Suttree.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 people
I would suggest "Suttree" by Cormac McCarthy as the state book.

They have a wonderful little tavern in knoxville named after that excellent book. High grav beer!

I also made a Tennessee River shot based off his depiction. Bailey's, Kahluah, and Dickel. It's as brown and bitter as the river itself.

They have a wonderful little tavern in knoxville named after that excellent book. High grav beer!

I also made a Tennessee River shot based off his depiction. Bailey's, Kahluah, and Dickel. It's as brown and bitter as the river itself.

Will definitely try it ... I have the Bailey'and Kahluah but will have to substitute for the Dickel.

VN Store

Back