1 Billion Dollars for Cancer Research!

volholio

We're trying to get Congress to increase federal funding for Cancer Research by 1 Billion dollars. Give a quick call today. It's easy! We need this money desperately.
--------------------------
Pierce Brosnan. Marcia Cross. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. (He's huge.) And, 50 amazing ACS CAN volunteers have flown and driven in from across the nation.

Today, we're building on the huge momentum of the One Degree project - meeting with our Members of Congress to call for a $1 billion increase in cancer research funding.

Can you take two minutes to call 844-289-1605 and leave a message for your Member of Congress?

Dial this toll-free number: (844) 289-1605
Our operator will identify your Member of Congress and transfer your call to their office.
Leave this message:
"I live in [city], and I am asking Representative/Senator [name] to increase funding for cancer research at the National Cancer Institute and National Institutes of Health, because we're all One Degree from cancer."

The call is free. It takes two minutes. It's incredibly easy. And it will make today's meetings even more powerful.

Your Member of Congress needs to know the volunteers and celebrities here today aren't alone, but are representing the voices of real people touched by cancer in District of Columbia.

I can't wait to share some pictures of today's event with you. But first, I really need you to call 844-289-1605 and leave a message for your Member of Congress right now.

Thank you,

Molly Daniels
Deputy President

Where is this money coming from to increase the share for cancer research?

Uhhh... What good does calling a congressman ever do nowadays? And besides, we already know that acidic diet/low body ph levels are what drive cancer growth. What more is there to research?

We're trying to get Congress to increase federal funding for Cancer Research by 1 Billion dollars. Give a quick call today. It's easy! We need this money desperately.
Pierce Brosnan. Marcia Cross. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar. (He's huge.) And, 50 amazing ACS CAN volunteers have flown and driven in from across the nation.

Today, we're building on the huge momentum of the One Degree project - meeting with our Members of Congress to call for a $1 billion increase in cancer research funding.

Can you take two minutes to call 844-289-1605 and leave a message for your Member of Congress?

Dial this toll-free number: (844) 289-1605
Our operator will identify your Member of Congress and transfer your call to their office.
Leave this message:
"I live in [city], and I am asking Representative/Senator [name] to increase funding for cancer research at the National Cancer Institute and National Institutes of Health, because we're all One Degree from cancer."

The call is free. It takes two minutes. It's incredibly easy. And it will make today's meetings even more powerful.

Your Member of Congress needs to know the volunteers and celebrities here today aren't alone, but are representing the voices of real people touched by cancer in District of Columbia.

I can't wait to share some pictures of today's event with you. But first, I really need you to call 844-289-1605 and leave a message for your Member of Congress right now.

Thank you,

Molly Daniels
Deputy President

Did those celebrities fly in on their private jets?

Reactions: 1 person
I don't know why our government is viewed as the country's charitable piggy bank.

Want a billion? Find 10 million people to donate $100.

Uhhh... What good does calling a congressman ever do nowadays? And besides, we already know that acidic diet/low body ph levels are what drive cancer growth. What more is there to research?

Unless you get enough to shut down the switchboard OR you are a corporate lobbyist dangling tens of thousands in campaign contributions....not much.

My wife is a cancer survivor. Nearly 5 years. Please do not ask government to fix the world. You're not going to like the result.

Reactions: 2 people
Seriously. When you or mom or your children get cancer . . . well . . . good luck.

Frankly you have no idea how much of my personal money I give to charities like St Judes. So you can frankly get bent, slick. How much do you give? Or do you expect Congress to fund it all?

And I'll be sure to inform you if my Mother gets cancer so you can say "I told you so."

If government dollars are the answer for a cure, why are you stopping at a billion? They piss that away in seconds.

Poor little volholio. Come in here thinking posters will actually give a damn because it's cancer, only to get the classic VolNation Politics forum anti-government, anti-taxation response because 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 of each of their incomes might be used for additional research, a cure to which may end up saving their near-sighted selves more money in the long-run when not as much waste is given towards healthcare costs and people who can't really afford them.

Did those celebrities fly in on their private jets?

And how much did they give themselves? Get 100 of Hollywood's and professional sports finest together and it can be knocked out in 30 seconds with them all writing a check at the same time. Hell, a lot of Congress could write the check and not miss it.

Last edited:
Poor little volholio. Come in here thinking posters will actually give a damn because it's cancer, only to get the classic VolNation Politics forum anti-government, anti-taxation response because 0.00000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000001 of each of their incomes might be used for additional research, a cure to which may end up saving their near-sighted selves more money in the long-run when not as much waste is given towards healthcare costs and people who can't really afford them.

I hate beggars.

VN Store

Back