Planet Fitness

vollygirl

GO VOLS!!!
Staff member
She had a right to complain (albeit she sounds like an idiot) and Planet Fitness, as a private business, has the right to expel whichever member it chooses for whatever reason.

Reactions: 6 people
I see the womens locker room becoming a popular place.

Wouldn't let my wife join.

Reactions: 1 person
Neither party handled the situation very well imo. It sounds to me like the lady may have been more concerned about personal vindication and proving a point, than she truly was about personal safety. The way she went about addressing her concerns and complaining to other members was not permitted per membership guidelines.

That said, it's my understanding that the person in question was not even a regular member but was attending as a guest... and I can certainly understand the lady's concern based on the person in question. As a guest, it seems like Planet Fitness should have been a little more concerned about the situation than they appeared to be, and might have taken some precautionary steps given the circumstances. The longer this is news, and the more that people find out about the person in question, this will likely not end well for Planet Fitness.

2673D46100000578-0-image-m-8_1425851906259.jpg

Reactions: 1 person
Holy damn...... Good thing it was in the locker room and not out in the woods. There would have been Sasquatch sightings all over the news.

Reactions: 3 people
What the heck is going on with our society? It used to be that if you were a freak you stayed to yourself, but now you have to force yourself upon the world. If that weirdo was in a locker room with my wife or daughter, the police would end up getting involved.

Reactions: 4 people
I try to be as accepting and open-minded as I possibly can. With that said… If you can't take one look at that guy and see how insanely uncomfortable having to share a locker room with him would make the overwhelming majority of women, then you're either incredibly stupid or incredibly dense.

I'm sorry but that's not equality. That's saying that his right to feel comfortable is of greater priority than everybody else's.

Reactions: 7 people
I try to be as accepting and open-minded as I possibly can. With that said… If you can't take one look at that guy and see how insanely uncomfortable having to share a locker room with him would make the overwhelming majority of women, then you're either incredibly stupid or incredibly dense.

I'm sorry but that's not equality. That's saying that his right to feel comfortable is of greater priority than everybody else's.

Regardless, you can choose to accept Planet Fitness' rules or you can choose to join another gym.

Well said, Planet Fitness should open a gym called "Pat's Gym"

Reactions: 2 people
Regardless, you can choose to accept Planet Fitness' rules or you can choose to join another gym.

Oh you're absolutely correct…

And I honestly couldn't less because I don't do business with them. I just simply find humor in a group of idiots proclaiming that everyone is welcome and no one will be intimidated, all while firmly standing by policies that cause many to feel unwelcome and create intimidation so they can make a political statement.

Oh you're absolutely correct…

And I honestly couldn't less because I don't do business with them. I just simply find humor in a group of idiots proclaiming that everyone is welcome and no one will be intimidated, all while firmly standing by policies that cause many to feel unwelcome and create intimidation so they can make a political statement.

They kicked the lady out because she went back to the gym for several days telling people and trying to raise a ruckus. In other words, she was doing the intimidating, not being intimidated.

And it doesn't appear they made up this policy on the spur of the moment. It seems to be part of their company culture and one that anyone could ask about before hand. There doesn't seem to be any intent on PFs part of using this even to make a political statement.

Reactions: 2 people
They kicked the lady out because she went back to the gym for several days telling people and trying to raise a ruckus. In other words, she was doing the intimidating, not being intimidated.

And it doesn't appear they made up this policy on the spur of the moment. It seems to be part of their company culture and one that anyone could ask about before hand. There doesn't seem to be any intent on PFs part of using this even to make a political statement.

So would you want your wife or daughters in a locker room with a man who claimed to be gender confused?

VN Store

Back