It's Hard To Believe

By that logic, it would be inconceivable that non jews would give a crap about the holocaust.

I tend to think the wholesale slaughter of a group of people should be the concern of society..not that some lumberjack looking females gay married in matching flannel and fresh hockey hair cuts.

Holocaust > gay marriage in terms of impact on society. Murder > marriage

What impacts you? Does gay marriage? Nope. If a dude marries a chair how does that impact you? It doesn't.

What about your dissenting neighbors being rounded up for being Jewish, Slavic, Gay, or hell maybe just not seeing eye to eye with the government, for an extended possibly permanent trip to an internment camp?

Reactions: 2 people
What about your dissenting neighbors being rounded up for being Jewish, Slavic, Gay, or hell maybe just not seeing eye to eye with the government, for an extended possibly permanent trip to an internment camp?

The Japanese weren't fans either

Reactions: 1 person
Can't wait to see 2 bubba''s in the tide gear walking down the aisle

twinkie-wedding-cake-0001.jpg

&
natty-ice.png

The Japanese weren't fans either

Yeah I always forget about those little buggers..I guess its because all of the Japanese people I know don't shove their past oppression down my throat... Which is surprising because this girl Tiffany and I..

.nevemrind.
:boobies:

Reactions: 1 person
I tend to think the wholesale slaughter of a group of people should be the concern of society..not that some lumberjack looking females gay married in matching flannel and fresh hockey hair cuts.

What impacts you? Does gay marriage? Nope. If a dude marries a chair how does that impact you? It doesn't.

So the only distinguishing difference between the issues is magnitude or graveness? It is ok to violate rights as long as nobody is killed? And the only people that should be concerned with it are the ones whose rights are being violated, but not anyone else? Ok now I know where you stand.

Wow, you spent a lot of effort to demonstrate that you don't get Sam's point.

Reactions: 4 people
So the only distinguishing difference between the issues is magnitude or graveness? It is ok to violate rights as long as nobody is killed? And the only people that should be concerned with it are the ones whose rights are being violated, but not anyone else? Ok now I know where you stand.

Whose rights are being violated by allowing gay marriage?

But yes magnitude and graveness are applicable. Do you get more worried about a scratch on your arm after working in the yard or when you chop off your f@@king leg? All incidents are not created equal. Somethings, going on magnitude or graveness, garner more pull than others..like losing a limb or getting a scratch. So I wouldnt concern myself with gay marriage (ignoring the 0 impact it has on me) when a holocaust is occurring.

Call me a debbie downer if I place genocide a few steps above gay marriage and its impact on society...not that many steps.. Its like Genocide > Another 5-7 season > Gay marriage..on my short list of pressing issues.

:blink:

Reactions: 5 people
Wow, you spent a lot of effort to demonstrate that you don't get Sam's point.

I type faster than a World of Warcrafter hopped up on code red mountain dew in his parents basement planning a raid on a dragon...minimal effort required.

But yeah..I get his point and I refute it.

Reactions: 3 people
Whose rights are being violated by allowing gay marriage?

But yes magnitude and graveness are applicable. Do you get more worried about a scratch on your arm after working in the yard or when you chop off your f@@king leg? All incidents are not created equal. Somethings, going on magnitude or graveness, garner more pull than others..like losing a limb or getting a scratch. So I wouldnt concern myself with gay marriage (ignoring the 0 impact it has on me) when a holocaust is occurring.

Call me a debbie downer if I place genocide a few steps above gay marriage and its impact on society...not that many steps.. Its like Genocide > Another 5-7 season > Gay marriage..on my short list of pressing issues.

:blink:

It is a rights issue since the government decided to get into the marriage game.

And my point wasn't that gay marriage is right up there with the holocaust in terms of significance. The point was that you shouldn't base your level of caring solely on its affects on you as your op indicated. Also, caring isn't a zero sum game. You can care for 2 things simultaneously even if one is grave and the other is merely a philosophical quandary.

VN Store

Back