anti-semitism soaring on college campuses

liberal colleges aren't open to free thought. they are open to their line of thinking. anything else and you can gtfo.

Reactions: 5 people
oh but just ask lawgaytor or another liberal on here, they'll tell that lib colleges are completely open to all thought, unless you disagree with them.

it is good to see how big of hypocrites the left is.

oh but just ask lawgaytor or another liberal on here, they'll tell that lib colleges are completely open to all thought, unless you disagree with them.

it is good to see how big of hypocrites the left is.

Out of curiosity, how many college campuses have you been on while being engaged in scholarly pursuits?

Reactions: 6 people
the headline doesn't matter. there is a growing anti-semit attitude in our colleges. when you're taught my Marxist professors those things tend to happen.

Reactions: 4 people
the headline doesn't matter. there is a growing anti-semit attitude in our colleges. when you're taught my Marxist professors those things tend to happen.

Based on the article, you can't make this claim about the growth of anti-semitism.

Maybe you should learn how to read.

Reactions: 8 people
Maybe you should learn how to read.

Damn Marxist professors always telling people to read and ****. Real American patriots don't have time for that

95519d31b43108901c267821a87df35b1812cb966c01ba3d25b110bd9419a4e5.jpg

Reactions: 8 people
I've read a lot of separate stories about protests against jews campuses. so yes, i do believe there is a growing trend.

i know you think you're the "be all, end all" when it comes to knowledge about everything in the world. so maybe you haven't had time to study this petty stuff.

i'd say if you use your infinite knowledge, you'll be an expert on anti-Semitism on campuses by lunch.

I've read a lot of separate stories about protests against jews campuses. so yes, i do believe there is a growing trend.

i know you think you're the "be all, end all" when it comes to knowledge about everything in the world. so maybe you haven't had time to study this petty stuff.

i'd say if you use your infinite knowledge, you'll be an expert on anti-Semitism on campuses by lunch.

So, post more evidence. What you have posted is not evidence for your position. That much as crystal clear.

Reactions: 5 people
Out of curiosity, how many college campuses have you been on while being engaged in scholarly pursuits?

Very relevant question. I've taken classes on 3 and can only remember one real left professor. That was in a 3rd world economics class so it wasn't really a shock

Reactions: 2 people

Perhaps you should have posted all the other stories you read. They may have had a more analytical method of coming up with a conclusion of growth in Anti-Semitism than this article was able to achieve.

And? Where is the implication of growth? The only comparison is to a study done in the UK in 2011. That's not relevant to the increase or decrease in the US.

I doubt too many studies were done on this in the 70s, 80s & 90s but it's pretty clear that it's growing and at a minimum getting much more vocal

I doubt too many studies were done on this in the 70s, 80s & 90s but it's pretty clear that it's growing and at a minimum getting much more vocal

It's not clear to me that it's growing. So, post the evidence that clearly demonstrates this trend.

Also, for the record, being anti-Israel or anti-Zionist does not necessarily entail being anti-Jew.

Also, for the record, being anti-Israel or anti-Zionist does not necessarily entail being anti-Jew.

Not everyone makes the distinction like you can. It's easier to lump everyone together into the same header of "Jew" and call it a day.

Not everyone makes the distinction like you can. It's easier to lump everyone together into the same header of "Jew" and call it a day.

It's pretty clear the UCLA women was discriminated against due to "her heritage". Im sure a lot of people would feel discriminated against if they did a Christian missionary and when they came back, they were told you couldn't serve on the student council did to a "conflict of interest"

Correct, which is why I included the term 'necessarily'.

Let me rephrase.

I'd be willing to bet the vast majority of people couldn't tell you the difference in an Orthodox Jew and one that just so happens to be from Israel that gives the religion the token glance.

Basic bigotry doesn't make the distinction. Israel is the symbolic target of anti-antisemitism. So in a way, anti-Jew = anti-Israel = anti-Zionist. There tends to be no "necessarily" in the conversation since most people are not educated enough to differentiate between the three.

It's pretty clear the UCLA women was discriminated against due to "her heritage". Im sure a lot of people would feel discriminated against if they did a Christian missionary and when they came back, they were told you couldn't serve on the student council did to a "conflict of interest"

Your linked article doesn't seem to be getting much traction here for some reason.
Beyda was eventually unanimously confirmed after the faculty advisor stepped in. Good on him. And good they have a faculty person preventing blatant prejudice from keeping a qualified student from serving.

Let me rephrase.

I'd be willing to bet the vast majority of people couldn't tell you the difference in an Orthodox Jew and one that just so happens to be from Israel that gives the religion the token glance.

Basic bigotry doesn't make the distinction. Israel is the symbolic target of anti-antisemitism. So in a way, anti-Jew = anti-Israel = anti-Zionist. There tends to be no "necessarily" in the conversation since most people are not educated enough to differentiate between the three.

No need to rephrase. The simple fact is that even if I grant that the "vast majority" make this mistake, it still stands that being anti-Israel does not necessarily entail being anti-Jew.

Thus, the burden falls with the one who wants to show the connection between anti-Israel acts/demonstrations and anti-Jew acts/demonstrations to provide evidence of the connection in the specific case in question.

It is clear. It's not clear that anti-Semitism is growing.

VN Store

Back