Does Chicago PD Run a "Black Site" for Americans

Reactions: 3 people
Not sure that's true when you attach terrorism to the charges.

Outside of US Jurisdiction, you are correct.

Any time it takes place inside the jurisdictional boundaries of the US it has to be done in accordance with the Constitution.

I find the idea of this place appalling. It's almost too over the top to be believable.

Outside of US Jurisdiction, you are correct.

Any time it takes place inside the jurisdictional boundaries of the US it has to be done in accordance with the Constitution.

I find the idea of this place appalling. It's almost too over the top to be believable.
Still don't think that's true. There have been numerous amendments shot down while trying to clarify the US soil issue. To my knowledge it was never explicitly excluded

Reactions: 1 person
Perhaps for terrorism cases but this place (if its true) is used to house ordinary criminals.

True and is scary but unfortunately not beyond belief. I was just looking at the charges against the nato three in the article and they included terrorism.

Not sure that's true when you attach terrorism to the charges.

Terrorism is a vague definition in the context of local laws. Chicago might call it one thing, NYC something else for the purpose of charging. But I think you're referring to the NDAA 2012.

And the detention is actually spelled out specifically in the POTUS note on the matter. Not that I actually trust him or anything...

Barack Obama: Statement on Signing the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012

the bill may not be construed to affect any "existing law or authorities relating to the detention of United States citizens, lawful resident aliens of the United States, or any other persons who are captured or arrested in the United States."

And believe it or not, Mother Jones actually has a pretty good breakdown of the situation:

The Defense Bill Passed. So What Does It Do? | Mother Jones

Either way, this Chicago thing is local and not under Federal purview from my understanding.

VN Store

Back