Is it time for revolution?

OrangeWayOfLife

Maybe I'm just amped up from watching sons of liberty but if the founding fathers were here in today's America, how would they view it? They though they were taxed then, what about now? Personal freedoms and liberties have gone by the wayside. Some of the smartest men in the world congregated here in America at the same time and we are lucky enough to live in the free world they created, or so it should be. Now we are being ran over by an intrusive, over spending, freedom attacking federal government that can not be trusted. Our over reaching government here is the same/worse than being under British law. And to think everybody in America at the time was for the revolution is Extremely naive, there was a good faction of "loyalist" who were against the revolution. They called the revolutionists crazy loons like many of you will do here towards me. Just something to think about, how many freedoms have you lost while I was typing this.

Edit: just so you know, revolutions don't have to be violent overthrows of current governments, just wanted to clear that up

Last edited:
Maybe I'm just amped up from watching sons of liberty but if the founding fathers were here in today's America, how would they view it? They though they were taxed then, what about now? Personal freedoms and liberties have gone by the wayside. Some of the smartest men in the world congregated here in America at the same time and we are lucky enough to live in the free world they created, or so it should be. Now we are being ran over by an intrusive, over spending, freedom attacking federal government that can not be trusted. Our over reaching government here is the same/worse than being under British law. And to think everybody in America at the time was for the revolution is Extremely naive, there was a good faction of "loyalist" who were against the revolution. They called the revolutionists crazy loons like many of you will do here towards me. Just something to think about, how many freedoms have you lost while I was typing this.

Everyday brings another revolution.

Reactions: 1 person
Can we wait until tomorrow? I'm going to the Friday night poker game right now.

If you can't wait, be sure to take your best guns and lots of ammo. Do you need directions to Nashville or DC?

Take a moment and think about this.

Would you really want a new Constitution constructed in this day and age? If I were you, I'd be damn glad we haven't had a revolution given the stupidity of the citizenry and the lack of wisdom from our leadership (both parties for decades).

Reactions: 2 people
Can we wait until tomorrow? I'm going to the Friday night poker game right now.

If you can't wait, be sure to take your best guns and lots of ammo. Do you need directions to Nashville or DC?

Good man. Me too.

I am down as long as we abolish oppressive drug laws after wards.

Last edited:
Take a moment and think about this.

Would you really want a new Constitution constructed in this day and age? If I were you, I'd be damn glad we haven't had a revolution given the stupidity of the citizenry and the lack of wisdom from our leadership (both parties for decades).

Why not restore the original constitution and abolish the two current parties?

Edit for "original" addition

Last edited:

No.

Reactions: 5 people
Today's Americans are too p***y to stand up for anything. Yup, Politically incorrect and anti feminist, that would be the lefts response to that statement.

Reactions: 2 people
Why not restore the constitution and abolish the two current parties?

Restore the Constitution? I don't even know what that means.

The parties can be abolished or changed at any time. The fact that they are still around should be a big neon sign pointing to the flaws of your rationale.

Reactions: 3 people

The parties can be abolished or changed at any time. The fact that they are still around should be a big neon sign pointing to the flaws of your rationale.

Yeah, this current two party system is doing such a great job.

No.

You crazy loon.

Reactions: 6 people
Why not restore the constitution and abolish the two current parties?

Abolish? I'm not saying we need either, but they shouldn't be removed by the government.

And we need to keep the current constitution with all of its amendments and add one

"federal, state, nor local governments shall make any law prohibiting the possession, usage, or distribution of narcotics, pharmaceuticals, or any other substances by willing adults"

It means repeal the slavery amendments, equal protection clause, and women's lib

I have a feeling the founding fathers would tell you to read the constitution if you need change. Their reasons were completely different

Things are too good to call for a radical revolution, even if it's peaceful. We'd be just fine if we had a fiscally responsible government*. I don't think a radical revolution will give us that.

*a government that spends within its means has little money for mischief

Anyone else for a Royalist monarchical parliamentary gov't system after subdividing the US into smaller nations?

The "Kingdom of Appalachia" has a nice ring to it, lol.

VN Store

Back