Sgt. Bowe Bergdahl to Charged with Desertion

I would love to see someone on here try and spin this and somehow not acknowledge the fact that this was a massive F up.

Reactions: 1 person
That you guys make this about Obama... It's why your butthurt rings hollow on things that actually matter.

Reactions: 10 people
Do you think the swap should have been made?

Yes - it's easy to Monday morning quarterback from the comfort of our living rooms.

I think the military moral would have taken a blow if nothing would have been done to secure the release of a soldier.

Personally, I hope the guy rots in jail if he deserted.

Yes - it's easy to Monday morning quarterback from the comfort of our living rooms.

I think the military moral would have taken a blow if nothing would have been done to secure the release of a soldier.

Personally, I hope the guy rots in jail if he deserted.

So you're taking it from the stance of doing the swap in order to recover a US military member and, in turn, ensuring justice is done if he did desert.

I'm not opposed to this line of thinking, but I do think the swap was way lopsided in the Taliban's favor.

Reactions: 1 person
That you guys make this about Obama... It's why your butthurt rings hollow on things that actually matter.

He orchestrated the trade or hadn't you noticed. Some ****ing veteran you are.Did you leave your post as well?

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
He orchestrated the trade or hadn't you noticed. Some ****ing veteran you are.Did you leave your post as well?

That the soldier is accused with desertion is irrelevant and inconsequential to the "quality" of the deal you feign outrage over.

LOL at questioning my patriotism, while you'd throw a U.S. soldier under the bus on 'suspicion' - I say bring em' home at whatever cost and then let the rest sort itself out. No American military member should be left to suffer at the hands of those savages.

With so many legitimate things to bang on Obama for, you look like a buffoon for trotting this out. Frankly, that you believe the way you do is no surprise. Most of your 'one liner' comments are mile wide, inch deep zings on Obama with little to no basis in reality.

Stick to posting cartoons hoss. You're not very good at forming or expressing original opinion.

Reactions: 9 people
That the soldier is accused with desertion is irrelevant and inconsequential to the "quality" of the deal you feign outrage over.

LOL at questioning my patriotism, while you'd throw a U.S. soldier under the bus on 'suspicion' - I say bring em' home at whatever cost and then let the rest sort itself out. No American military member should be left to suffer at the hands of those savages.

With so many legitimate things to bang on Obama for, you look like a buffoon for trotting this out. Frankly, that you believe the way you do is no surprise. Most of your 'one liner' comments are mile wide, inch deep zings on Obama with little to no basis in reality.

Stick to posting cartoons hoss. You're not very good at forming or expressing original opinion.

Now who's butt hurt? You and LG are the obligatory Obama apologists.we've gone from cash to clunkers to Terrorists for traitors. Glad to see your as condescending as ever.Time to crawl back under your rock.

Reactions: 5 people

I wouldn't worry about his, or AirVol's, one-liners and thoughts regarding 'worthy soldiers'. If their ages in their profiles are correct (which, they may not be, since the date I give is a historical date of personal significance and not anywhere near my date of birth), then being in their fifties puts them in the military during peace-time operations. Some who served during such times (GV, Hog, others I don't have off the top of my head), are actually reflective and are able to see differences between peace-time operations and a constantly deployed military-at-war (Hog, of course, did see combat in the original Gulf War). Airvol and 69 strike me however just as many I've met through legions and VA centers, as individuals that have never seen constant combat, see the military and all orders given and executed in the military as somehow divinely infallible, and see any soldiers who have found their unquestioning and undying loyalty to such institutions to, in fact, be called into question by their very real experiences in combat as lesser soldiers, *****'s, etc. Basically, they strike me as individuals that have loads of stories about Ranger School, NTC, JRTC, field exercises, etc., but that remains their only taste of 'combat'.

Reactions: 9 people
Now who's butt hurt? You and LG are the obligatory Obama apologists.we've gone from cash to clunkers to Terrorists for traitors. Glad to see your as condescending as ever.Time to crawl back under your rock.

If you can point to where I've made excuses for Obama - by all means point it out. My history is wide open.

Just to be clear, pointing out your inability to use reason isn't apologizing, it's simply drawing humorous attention to your lack of intellect.

Protip: If you don't like being condescended to, don't question a man's service or his patriotism to his country.

Reactions: 6 people
If you can point to where I've made excuses for Obama - by all means point it out. My history is wide open.

Just to be clear, pointing out your inability to use reason isn't apologizing, it's simply drawing humorous attention to your lack of intellect.

Protip: If you don't like being condescended to, don't question a man's service or his patriotism to his country.

Lol, i'm sure you received many awards such as latrine queen etc. etc. when you make posts like that regarding traitors i'll damn well question your patriotism

Reactions: 2 people
I wouldn't worry about his, or AirVol's, one-liners and thoughts regarding 'worthy soldiers'. If their ages in their profiles are correct (which, they may not be, since the date I give is a historical date of personal significance and not anywhere near my date of birth), then being in their fifties puts them in the military during peace-time operations. Some who served during such times (GV, Hog, others I don't have off the top of my head), are actually reflective and are able to see differences between peace-time operations and a constantly deployed military-at-war (Hog, of course, did see combat in the original Gulf War). Airvol and 69 strike me however just as many I've met through legions and VA centers, as individuals that have never seen constant combat, see the military and all orders given and executed in the military as somehow divinely infallible, and see any soldiers who have found their unquestioning and undying loyalty to such institutions to, in fact, be called into question by their very real experiences in combat as lesser soldiers, *****'s, etc. Basically, they strike me as individuals that have loads of stories about Ranger School, NTC, JRTC, field exercises, etc., but that remains their only taste of 'combat'.

Nobody gives a **** about your opinion Heraclitus..The reason I didn't have to see any combat was due to Ronald Reagan being elected.The iranians knew what was coming their way.

Reactions: 4 people

VN Store

Back