HC versus Romney/Bush/Christie/Paul/Huckabee

What this tells me is that the results of the mid-terms were more a function of GOP having localized control over those regional races rather than some significant shift towards the GOP. They are still getting trounced nationally. And with the changes in demographics, its just going to become more stark.

I submit that over time, as Dem voters traditionally gravitate to population centers whereas the GOP hangs on in the more rural Southern states, plus the plains states, you will hear more and more about decentralization, secession, anything that emphasizes local or state control and what is left of the GOP power base, concentrated in those states.

Reactions: 3 people
What this tells me is that the results of the mid-terms were more a function of GOP having localized control over those regional races rather than some significant shift towards the GOP. They are still getting trounced nationally. And with the changes in demographics, its just going to become more stark.

I submit that over time, as Dem voters traditionally gravitate to population centers whereas the GOP hangs on in the more rural Southern states, plus the plains states, you will hear more and more about decentralization, secession, anything that emphasizes local or state control and what is left of the GOP power base, concentrated in those states.

So true. Decentralization, state control and such has only been an issue recently. Brilliant conclusions, there.

We are nearly 2 years from the election. That is the only conclusion to be drawn here.

And of course if you look at the poll this is the first conclusion stated

The national survey finds 53 to 56 percent support for Clinton among registered voters against each of these potential Republican candidates, while they get 39 to 41 percent. One reason is that Clinton is stronger in her political base, given the far more fragmented nature of the current GOP field.

Until there is a single GOP candidate the polls don't tell you much at all

Reactions: 2 people
We are nearly 2 years from the election. That is the only conclusion to be drawn here.

Are you sure? I thought it meant gloom and doom for republicans against Hilarity Cankles.

Let's revisit this once the primaries begin. It will be interesting to see how she does within her own party IF she runs.

Let's revisit this once the primaries begin. It will be interesting to see how she does within her own party IF she runs.

True. She couldn't even beat out a Muslim junior senator with a history of voting present who was born in Kenya.

Reactions: 4 people

Ummmm ....

You do realize that they are asked separately, not together, right? Its not HC versus all of them. Its one at a time.

I'll concede that once the GOP selects its nominee then there is probably some uptick of enthusiasm within the base to be expected.... unless of course its Bush or Romney.

Which it is highly likely to be.

Reactions: 1 person
Ummmm ....

You do realize that they are asked separately, not together, right? Its not HC versus all of them. Its one at a time.

I'll concede that once the GOP selects its nominee then there is probably some uptick of enthusiasm within the base to be expected.... unless of course its Bush or Romney.

Which it is highly likely to be.

Do you anticipate an excited Dem base with Hillary on the ticket?

A poll? Hardly. More like a fluff piece article to push the MSM agenda.

Then I read this part...

A Clinton candidacy would also get a bump from her potential to become the first female president of the United States -- nearly a quarter of those surveyed said the prospects for that historic moment would make them more likely to support her in 2016.

This shows me that 25% of the liberal base isn't going to vote for her based on any so called accomplishments but for the fact she can become the first female POTUS. Whether she's qualified or not, votes will be cast for her based upon historic preferences. I'm at a loss.

Last edited:
A poll? Hardly. More like a fluff piece article to push the MSM agenda.

Then I read this part...

This shows me that 25% of the liberal base isn't going to vote for her based on any so called accomplishments but just for the fact she can become the first female POTUS. Whether she's qualified or not, votes will be cast for her based upon historic preferences. I'm at a loss.

That would be two in a row

No way HC gets the dumbocrat nomination if this country has any common sense.

Oh damn she might win..

And HC would/will literally get CRUSHED at every debate. Then we can hear the "menopause" excuse or a "headache" etc etc.

Oh damn she might win..

And HC would/will literally get CRUSHED at every debate. Then we can hear the "menopause" excuse or a "headache" etc etc.

Let the hate begin ...

We saw what happened in the midterms. That may very well happen in the general election. We shall see.

Oh damn she might win..

This^^^^

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: 4 people
Let the hate begin ...

Okay slick, so what's her platform going to be? Universal health care? No... National Security? Might raise a few eyebrows with Benghazi and the remainder of the world affairs... Environment? Maybe... Continuing the Obama legacy? Not likely since the Clintons and Obamas really don't get along.

So what's the central point of a 2016 Campaign for Hillary?

Reactions: 3 people
Okay slick, so what's her platform going to be? Universal health care? No... National Security? Might raise a few eyebrows with Benghazi and the remainder of the world affairs... Environment? Maybe... Continuing the Obama legacy? Not likely since the Clintons and Obamas really don't get along.

So what's the central point of a 2016 Campaign for Hillary?

She feels she's entitled ...

VN Store

Back