GOP House revolt # 732

I don't care about this topic either way, but I can see why it created division.

Several House GOP women protested language in the bill that requires those women who seek an exception to the ban because they were raped have to back up their claim with a police report.

That definitely goes both ways. On one hand, it's too restrictive, on the other, it opens a loophole.

Perfect example of why the system is screwed up. Some expect all party members to vote the same way all the time. It's not a sign of anything except the OP's complete adherence to the broken 2 party system

LG.. 500,000 people are currently marching against abortion in DC right now and this happens EVERY YEAR. What do the liberals march 500k strong to every year?

Ironically a lot of the dems would lose money if they aborted.

The real irony is that the right argues against abortion and then bellyaches about the additional assistance that these kids require.

Reactions: 3 people
The real irony is that the right argues against abortion and then bellyaches about the additional assistance that these kids require.

No the real irony is that the left promotes and benefits from a system that rewards irresponsible behavior and single parents. Yet supports abortion.

Reactions: 6 people

I don't see that as ironic what so ever. They are two distinct issues.

Is it ironic that abortion proponents argues for abortion of any reason (even convenience) yet bellyaches that the government should provide cradle to grave assistance? Why not just kill people if inconvenience is a legit reason?

At the core, the abortion debate is about rights of the unborn (do they exist or not).

The role of the government in providing assistance to the born is another issue entirely.

Put another way - I'm against the expanding government assistance regime but I would never suggest the solution is killing people so they don't need assistance.

Reactions: 2 people

Arguing against or for abortion doesn't cost me anything. When Quanita has her 4th kid by 4 different men I think it's time to tell her abortion was an option instead of throwing more money at her and after the first kid she shouldn't get a stimulus to have more.

Reactions: 1 person
This just shows the stupidity of the GOP. They can't stand prosperity. They get into power and one of the first things they go after is one of the most divisive social issues being abortion. Why give the Democrats ammunition for 2016?

We have much bigger fish to fry in this country. The GOP connects with more people via their fiscal policy than their social policy. Why not play to your strengths while you're in power and set the stage for taking back the White House in 2016?

Now the GOP leadership has pissed off their base (conservatives) AND provided unforced ammunition to the Democrats for 2016.

I just don't get it.

Reactions: 6 people
This just shows the stupidity of the GOP. They can't stand prosperity. They get into power and one of the first things they go after is one of the most divisive social issues being abortion. Why give the Democrats ammunition for 2016?

We have much bigger fish to fry in this country. The GOP connects with more people via their fiscal policy than their social policy. Why not play to your strengths while you're in power and set the stage for taking back the White House in 2016?

Now the GOP leadership has pissed off their base (conservatives) AND provided unforced ammunition to the Democrats for 2016.

I just don't get it.

Forrest Gump runs the RNC. And a drunken oompa loompa is their speaker of the house.

Reactions: 3 people

I just don't get it.

Just another example of how both parties suck

I just don't get it.

Oh noes. More Leane Dunham ads from the Dems.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back