Signs of world economies spiraling out of control

Argentina: What the tampon rumpus says about the troubled country | Reuters

(Reuters) - Argentines have been complaining for a while now about the country's product shortages. And, until recently, the government has managed to brush aside such protests, which have centered around Argentina's import restrictions.

Well until, that is, the country's 20.6 million women couldn't find their favorite tampons earlier this month - during the height of summer.

"For 20 days, we simply couldn't source any tampons from wholesalers," said Ariel, a 29-year old pharmacy owner.

One of you economists can explain, is this the way a market corrects itself?

Reactions: 2 people
Reactions: 1 person
High drug prices lead to increased profits for organized crime and force users to commit crimes to pay for the drugs.

Huh? Man if the cost of smack bottoms out, ill only have to steal a tenth of the scrap I do now... (I am not serious)

High drug prices lead to increased profits for organized crime and force users to commit crimes to pay for the drugs.

Just some anecdotal evidence but I've honestly never caught a person shoplifting who needed a blunt. We've had this convo before though and you know where I stand on hard drugs.

Just some anecdotal evidence but I've honestly never caught a person shoplifting who needed a blunt. We've had this convo before though and you know where I stand on hard drugs.

Cheaper weed, and less testing would remove much of the incentive for hard drug use

World wide depression 1929-1939 style made be on it's way.

Naaaaaah. The big federal banks will keep on printing money until they run out of ink... no big deal. It is the democrat plan. Some perverted law of big numbers or some nonsense. Keep printing, and you simply HAVE to hit the right number and everybody will miraculously find work....

VN Store

Back