Gramps final thread

Gramps

It has been nice, I haven't met anyone personally from VN but I do consider I have made some anonymous friends on here.

I thank Freak for creating VN and the hard worh he and the mods do to make VN the best college sports forum in America.

I got a bad report from the doctor this week, if he is correct my time on earth is short. I want to spend the rest of my days with my family and reading my Bible.

I pray that anyone that has not been saved by the grace of God, you will be . that is the most important thing I ever did in my life was turning my life over to God. I realize many of you do not believe in God, I hope that changes.

Take off the red and blue glasses and take a real look at the USA.

Go Vols!!!!

Gramps out.

I am so sorry to hear this Gramps. We have had our moments but it's all been in good fun and I will miss your old azz. I wish you and your family all the best, I hope the Dr is wrong.

God bless.

Reactions: 4 people
It has been nice, I haven't met anyone personally from VN but I do consider I have made some anonymous friends on here.

I thank Freak for creating VN and the hard worh he and the mods do to make VN the best college sports forum in America.

I got a bad report from the doctor this week, if he is correct my time on earth is short. I want to spend the rest of my days with my family and reading my Bible.

I pray that anyone that has not been saved by the grace of God, you will be . that is the most important thing I ever did in my life was turning my life over to God. I realize many of you do not believe in God, I hope that changes.

Go Vols!!!!

Gramps out.

I prayed for you Gramps and I hope you get well soon. Check back from time to time if you can

Reactions: 1 person
:thud: Sorry to hear such a report coming from you. You'll be missed for sure in a great way & I hope things work out for the best & that you will come back & give us a surprise visit to say that those doctors were wrong for a change. God bless you & your family Gramps.

Last edited:
Wow, this is terrible news. I obviously don't know you personally, but it makes me sad to hear. Praying for you and your family, Gramps. Hope you get well!

Damn, Gramps. Tough to hear. I wish you well and hope you can recover and make the most of the time you have with your family.

Reactions: 2 people
Gramps, it has been a pleasure reading your perspectives. I know it's hard to see now, but I hope you are able to find peace and take heart in knowing the battle has already been won. John 16:33

Reactions: 5 people
Well they said Hawking would only last 6 months so doctors aren't always right. Keep smiling and spend some of that money you earned. Go skydiving or some **** don't leave all the inheritance to that lazy rabble! ;)

Good luck

Reactions: 3 people
I hope your doctor is as wrong as some of the posters in this forum.

Seriously Gramps I've always admired your candor, integrity and level head. I'll be praying for the best for you.

Reactions: 4 people
Very sad to hear this, Gramps. I've always respected your posts and the way you carry yourself here. I'm hopeful that the prognosis changes, but enjoy the time surrounded by your family and faith.

Last edited:
Gramps, your post about your experiences in the little church years ago was a winner. I always remember it because it was a lot like mine. Doctors don't know everything all the time. Hope you get back to your rascally self in here soon.

May your remaining days be filled with love and life.

Heck, I might as well wish that for everyone here. . .

Good luck to you Gramps, see you on the other side.

Gramps, your post about your experiences in the little church years ago was a winner. I always remember it because it was a lot like mine. Doctors don't know everything all the time. Hope you get back to your rascally self in here soon.

God healed my Dad's lung cancer and liver when it seemed like the situation was hopeless. I prayed for Gramps and his family and hopefully he'll be healed very soon God willing.

Go Vols!!!!

Gramps out.

Bless you Gramps. You're 100% correct that nothing else is as important as everyone's relationship with our Lord Jesus Christ. I pray for you and your family that God's will be done.

Prayers are with you, Gramps, you are one of my all time favorite posters. Please drop by from time to time to entertain us with your wit !

Very sorry to hear that Gramps. I sincerely hope your doc is wrong. Your family will be in my thoughts

God bless you Gramps. I have enjoyed posting with you. I will be very sorry to lose you. Be sure to have fun on the way out.

VN Store

Back