Duke University will now have call to prayer

As long as they follow that with Billy Graham, I am good with it. I can't see how any University that takes federal money can blast any religious message and not others. Isn't fairness included in political correctness?

Did this post get moved to the basketball forum or did I accidentally post it there? Sorry if so. Please move to the NCAA forum.

Pretty sure there are plenty of christian prayers, services and meetings going on at Duke.

But are those prayers or hymns blasted over the loud speakers for the entire University to hear? Pretty sure those are closed door services.

Reactions: 3 people
But are those prayers or hymns blasted over the loud speakers for the entire University to hear? Pretty sure those are closed door services.

I don't know. You could probably find out more with some research. It's their decision...so.....we'll see how it goes.

Reactions: 1 person
Duke has won 360 competitive grants for research and construction totaling $202 million from seven federal agencies. More than 80 percent of the funding has come from the National Institutes of Health. Duke's Schools of Medicine and Nursing account for $166.3 million of the total received. 2012

I think a call to prayer is not an actual prayer. I don't really have a problem w/ this since Duke is private

So you think Duke should also read verses from the bible over their loud speakers every day? For some reason I don't see Duke agreeing to that.

Reactions: 1 person
Pretty sure there are plenty of christian prayers, services and meetings going on at Duke.

As most if not all colleges do. I'm talking about K-12. I know college is a lot different.

Who wants to hear their music 5 times daily?

This. Since they already cancelled a Pro Life event and removed the chick-fil-a, both which have Christian undertones, I doubt they're broadcasting Christian prayers. That's my problem with the PC movements. Institutions, media, etc pander to the "minority" sets of beliefs in the name of freedom, PC and inclusiveness while suppressing others because they're forceful, not PC and "exclusive". The height of hypocrisy.

Maybe we're scared of their religion and would rather appease them than poke a hungry bear? I have no idea. But, if the public reciting of Christian or Jewish prayers or worship offends Muslims then why are the same concessions not made for the other parties?

They don't allow prayer before games so why allow this garbage?

I miss the good ole days when I was in HS and prayer was expected before ball games. And by good ole days I mean 10 yrs ago. I may be mistaking but I thought that even UT had prayers before games when I was in school.

The insanity continues! I can't understand why society is so ready to cower to be PC when it comes to the Muslim bovine scatology! They are a religion of hate! They have no respect for any other religion. Yet, they're being welcomed with open arms! The Preverbal wolf in sheeps clothing!

Reactions: 2 people
I read that they ring bells for the christian worship service there on Sunday, so this is viewed as equal opportunity.

Reactions: 3 people
Duke is a private university, they can do whatever they want.

Don't think anyone has said otherwise.

But you're foolish to think that the ACLU and other religious freedom groups wouldn't be all over this if it had been a decision that favored the Christian belief system.

VN Store

Back