Chris Kyle: American hero or

I get the point that the writer is trying to make, but he has no idea if Kyle was a good guy or a bad guy in Iraq. Obviously there are some soldiers who get out of control, but there are also soldiers who risk their lives to get Iraqi kids out of harm's way, and refuse orders that they are morally opposed to (probably rare, but still). We don't know which kind Kyle was.

The more I read about Kyle and his imaginative(to put it nicely) recollection of history, the less inspired I am by his character. That being said, he killed a bunch of bad guys and in war that was his job.

Reactions: 3 people
The more I read about Kyle and his imaginative(to put it nicely) recollection of history, the less inspired I am by his character. That being said, he killed a bunch of bad guys and in war that was his job.
Holy moly, you posted something I agree with. The end of times is upon us!

He's not what he says he is but he still risked his life for our freedom and that should be commended.

To the OP.

Please remove the "OR" from the title of this thread. Based upon his actions on the field of battle thru 4 deployments in the sand box, I'd say he's earned it.

American Hero.

Reactions: 4 people
To the OP.

Please remove the "OR" from the title of this thread. Based upon his actions on the field of battle thru 4 deployments in the sand box, I'd say he's earned it.

American Hero.

this

the liberal writer will be the first to cower and give up his rights to free speech in submission of Allah when confronted with real violence and bodily harm.

Right after 9/11 the liberal cowards I worked with in the Air Force screamed "conscientious objector". They came out of the wood work.

Reactions: 2 people
Hero..he did sh!t most of us would vomit and pee our pants if in the same situation..and probably get us and/or others killed.

Reactions: 5 people
Personally, as a vet, I actually despise the phrase "American hero". Toby Keith made me sick of "service worship".

This guy did his job, which was killing a lot of hajis. Which he apparently exaggerated. Whatever. What makes him an even more respectable person is his outreach to vets suffering from PTSD.

Just my take.

Reactions: 5 people
Personally, as a vet, I actually despise the phrase "American hero". Toby Keith made me sick of "service worship".

This guy did his job, which was killing a lot of hajis. Which he apparently exaggerated. Whatever. What makes him an even more respectable person is his outreach to vets suffering from PTSD.

Just my take.
Yes.

VN Store

Back