What do y'all think the gas prices will be this driving season?

What will be the price of gas for the 2015 driving season?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dave1967

I think they will be somewhere between 2.75 and 3.00. I have a feeling prices will shoot up this spring

I'm buying a surburban Friday. With my luck, i voted above $3

Reactions: 1 person
The price of oil isn't an exact correlation to gas, but it dropped under $50/barrel. It's not projected to be back above $60 anytime soon. But the Saudi's could cut back production anytime they want and gas would pop overnight. Doubt that they will though until there is carnage in companies involved in alternate sources of energy and oil production methods. I'll be surprised if gas is $3 anytime soon.

The price of oil isn't an exact correlation to gas, but it dropped under $50/barrel. It's not projected to be back above $60 anytime soon. But the Saudi's could cut back production anytime they want and gas would pop overnight. Doubt that they will though until there is carnage in companies involved in alternate sources of energy and oil production methods. I'll be surprised if gas is $3 anytime soon.

Gas will shoot up if a carbon tax is pushed through

If they cut production and oil prices go up tomorrow, then gas prices will go up the very next day.

If they cut the price of oil, then the price of gas goes down. Three months later.

If they cut production and oil prices go up tomorrow, then gas prices will go up the very next day.

If they cut the price of oil, then the price of gas goes down. Three months later.

You even have a clue as to the way futures work?

Reactions: 3 people

It takes time to drill and refine the crude oil. Then comes logistics, the refined oil must be transported to the dispensaries, I'm sure you've seen Orlando's on orange ave and Taft Vineland . After its pumped into the holding tanks the semi tankers come in and load up. Once that's completed its off to your local gas station. This is a process and takes time, hence the lag in prices dropping not to mention the retailer whose twenty or forty thousand gallon tank still has fuel purchased at a higher price...

It just hit under $2 here where I live in Georgia. I'd live for it to stay that or lower.

VN Store

Back