Obama advisor: Take Advantage of Low Oil Prices by Forcing Through a Carbon Tax

We will probably get an I crease in gas tax on the state and federal level. It looks like the lower gas prices will be used as an excuse to increase tax. Gov. Haslam has mentioned a tax increase, so has Sen. Corker, kinda funny as Repubs claim to be against tax increases.

Reactions: 2 people
Will the quotes be pulled from the mother jones website?

nBsoJuY.gif

Reactions: 1 person
Adviser .... five years ago.

Shall i quote stuff from Bush advisers? That would be as germane.

Barry was pitching his cc bs in Paris recently, this is almost as much of a wet dream as obummercare is..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 2
Reactions: 3 people
But really, what true conservative wouldn't be in favor of replacing corporate and income taxes with just about anything else?

There's a bill like this (including border adjustments) currently on the table:
Introducing the American Opportunity Carbon Fee Act

Conservatives don't want to "replace" one tax for another you dolt. And they certainly don't want a system of taxation predicated on a fairy tale and computer modeling. Conservatives want low taxation that is stable and equally shared by all who are lucky enough to live in this great country that God has blessed so abundantly. Now everyone, join me in singing our national anthem.

Last edited:

ahh the good 'ole climate change thing again.

"Some worry that taxing fossil fuels will hurt the competitiveness of U.S. industry and encourage offshoring. In fact, a well-designed tax would be levied on the carbon content of all imports coming from countries that did not impose their own carbon levies. The United States can make the case that such a tax is compatible with World Trade Organization rules. Such an approach would have the virtue of encouraging countries who wished to avoid the U.S. tax to impose carbon taxes of their own, thereby further supporting efforts to reduce global climate change."

I love how the Washington Post is going out of its way here to really justify this stupid idea for more taxation. Some (meaning those not as educated as us) think taxing fossil fuels will hurt competitiveness (no crap).

VN Store

Back