More Democrat infighting

MG1968

That’s No Moon…
Senate dems don't care for Obama's nomination to the Treasury Department

Franken takes on Obama | TheHill

Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) on Sunday called on supporters to reject one of President Obama's nominees to the Treasury Department.

Franken criticized nominee Antonio Weiss in no uncertain terms, arguing Obama had nominated the wrong person for the job of Treasury undersecretary for domestic finance.

He argued Weiss would not put the middle class first, and that he was too close to Wall Street.

"Join me in asking the President to withdraw Antonio Weiss’s nomination," Franken wrote in an email to supporters on Sunday, with a link to the petition. "We need a nominee who will put the middle class first."

Franken wrote that Weiss has worked on manuevers called "inversions," which are mergers that seek to lower a company's tax burden in the United States.

"More than six years after the crash, the American economy is still recovering," Franken writes. "We got into that mess because we were willing to let Wall Street police itself. Foxes make poor guards of henhouses. We know that through bitter experience, and I’m not willing to let it happen again."

Franken is joining Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) and other liberals in opposing Weiss, setting up an internal Democratic Party fight with Obama. Weiss is an executive at the investment banking firm Lazard.

I think one of the commenters below the story has it right, Franken is maneuvering himself to have a spot in an Elizabeth Warren administration.

I think one of the commenters below the story has it right, Franken is maneuvering himself to have a spot in an Elizabeth Warren administration.

That's a scary thought. But really no more scary than most members of Obama's Admin.

Reactions: 1 person
Al Franken is looking after his own greedy-loving slimy self. He doesn't care about middle class folks & to pretend that he does is a really fat joke on those that will fall for it. He's trying his best to stay relevant.

Last edited:
:lolabove:

brown nose realignment for 2016.

Al Franken would probably be the only person on the planet that would be a better choice for VP than Drunk Uncle Joe. We could do away with the Secret Service for 4 years, because nobody would take a shot at the president knowing we would be left with THAT running the show.

Reactions: 2 people
There has to be something in the water of the 10,000 lakes of Minnesota that messes with voters minds. How else could one state elect a pro wrestler to the governorship and a comedian to the Senate?

There has to be something in the water of the 10,000 lakes of Minnesota that messes with voters minds. How else could one state elect a pro wrestler to the governorship and a comedian to the Senate?

In Minneapolis St Paul there is an abundance of winter and a severe shortage of biscuits n gravy. The combination of these factors produces an odd constituency.

I can't believe we took this guy serious...

reagan-bonzo.jpg

Point being that we've let the lawyers and bankers ruin this country to the point where we are now. Why criticize a candidate just based on his profession?

I can't believe we took this guy serious...

reagan-bonzo.jpg

Point being that we've let the lawyers and bankers ruin this country to the point where we are now. Why criticize a candidate just based on his profession?

Well he was neither a lawyer nor banker, but he was the last true statesman that we've had...

VN Store

Back