Oh boy, here we go again... [missing plane]

BartW

Gold Member
Singapore-bound AirAsia plane with 162 on board missing

Officials said the Airbus 320-200 with 162 people on board lost contact with Surabaya airport 42 minutes after takeoff at 5:35 a.m. local time (5:35 p.m. Eastern Time Saturday). The aircraft was carrying 155 passengers and seven crew members.

Sky News, citing an official with Indonesia's Transport Ministry, reported that the aircraft had requested an unusual route before losing contact. That official, Hadi Mustofa told reports that the plane was believed to have been over the Java Sea between Kalimantan and Java islands.
:eek:hmy:

Reactions: 1 person
I've not heard nothing on the other one in a long time.

I find it strange that a plane is in trouble and they do not discuss their situation with the ground staff? I understand they were busy but don't you at minimum turn on the radio so the tower can hear the conversation? Hard to believe a plane can just fall out of the sky and no one knows a thing about what happened?

I find it strange that a plane is in trouble and they do not discuss their situation with the ground staff? I understand they were busy but don't you at minimum turn on the radio so the tower can hear the conversation? Hard to believe a plane can just fall out of the sky and no one knows a thing about what happened?

Aviate, navigate, communicate. If they were busy with an engine failure (which is not THAT big of a deal in flight unless you lose both) or fighting a fire (which IS) they might not have time to talk about it. A single engine failure should not occupy both pilots to the extent they cannot talk to somebody, at least to declare an emergency. And there is no hot mic so that you can turn on the radio and let everybody listen (at least not intentionally)

Microburst probably took it out. Flew into storm BLAMMO all lift gone and then you're on a first class trip to see Davy Jones.

Microburst probably took it out. Flew into storm BLAMMO all lift gone and then you're on a first class trip to see Davy Jones.

Don Lemon at CNN thinks this one was swallowed by the same black hole that got the other plane.

Inb4 all three downed planes are currently at an airfield in Imagonnablowuptheworldabad being refueled and stuffed full of dirty nukes and aerosol ebola......

Don't you MAYDAY or something? Takes a long time to get from 38K to zero. Makes me think whatever happened was so quick they had no time to report and the plane disintegrated in midair.

Don't you MAYDAY or something? Takes a long time to get from 38K to zero. Makes me think whatever happened was so quick they had no time to report and the plane disintegrated in midair.

Thats why I say micro burst. They are most dangerous to low altitude aircraft but can be deadly at high altitudes as well. Imagine getting hit with a non spinning tornado..

Or of course aliens.

just saw a pic that supposedly shows the air traffic radar having the plane climbing in altitude but only going 105mph..which means if true that sucker stalled.

VN Store

Back