Newtown families sue gun manufacturer.

Instead, they should sue the city because the school wasn't built like a fortress and had no means of keeping the perp out.

Reactions: 1 person
Newtown Families Sue Gun Maker for Sandy Hook Massacre - NBC News

Thoughts?

Why are assault rifles like this available to civilians? Most people who own guns claim its just to protect their families - wouldnt a .22 suffice for this purpose? Why would someone need a gun like this?

You're late to the party...

And the fact you consider a .22 a defensive round shows just how ignorant you are about firearms.

Try coming back when you can speak intelligently on the matter.

Reactions: 6 people
You're late to the party...

And the fact you consider a .22 a defensive round shows just how ignorant you are about firearms.

Try coming back when you can speak intelligently on the matter.

pretty much sums up every single person on that side of the debate

Reactions: 3 people
A .22 for home defense?

giphy.gif

Best use of Putin in this forum, IMO.

Reactions: 3 people

I've actually had this said to me:

If an M-16 is .223 then why can't you use a .22 since the M-16 is only .003 better.

I couldn't keep a straight face. Holy crap, they don't even try to educate themselves. They just instantly assume any pro-gun person is an ignorant pleb that they can just out-math.

Reactions: 4 people
A 22 will kill squirrels. Not humans. Just an FYI

A Gwinnett County woman shot and killed a home invasion suspect Wednesday morning after the knife-wielding intruder attacked her in the shower, police said.

The incident happened about 6:30 a.m. at a home in the 2800 block of East Mount Tabor Circle.

Gwinnett police Cpl. Edwin Ritter told the AJC that the woman, who is in her early 50s, was getting out of the shower when the intruder, who she did not know, turned out the lights and attacked her.

She fell back into the shower, injuring her back, and attempted to fight the man off with the shower rod, Ritter said.

"She was telling him that she has money and please don’t hurt her," Ritter said.

"He forced her into her bedroom," Ritter said. "Once inside the bedroom, she retrieved a .22-caliber pistol and shot him several times." Ritter characterized the attack as an attempted sexual assault.

The suspect, who was in his 20s, ran outside the house and collapsed. He was taken to Gwinnett Medical Center, where he died.

You were saying...

No it doesn't. I am pro gun control and I have enough sense to know that a 22 wouldn't stop anyone from getting into my home. My Glock 21 on the other hand would.

You were saying...

If you get a lucky hit in a few very specific regions, if can do damage. Sure. It's a 3g object traveling at 2000fps. If that hits your neck, you're done for.

Good luck hitting the neck of a 240lb man sprinting towards you wearing heavy clothing and stopping him with a .22 landing only center mass shots.

Reactions: 2 people
Newtown Families Sue Gun Maker for Sandy Hook Massacre - NBC News

Thoughts?

Why are assault rifles like this available to civilians? Most people who own guns claim its just to protect their families - wouldnt a .22 suffice for this purpose? Why would someone need a gun like this?

What kind of car do you drive? You don't need anything bigger/faster/more powerful than a VW Bug. What about your house? Do you have a master bedroom room? Do you really need that? How much money do you make? Do you really need any more than to pay for your food/shelter/medical requirements?

Need is a STUPID argument against something.

Reactions: 5 people
You might be able to kill a moose with a .22 but in no way does it make it practical.

VN Store

Back