Are you guys OK with this SAFE

NY elected comrad DeBlasio. Consider the source. Nothing to see here, save yourselves the aggravation and please move along.

What constitutes mentally unstable?

If they can show a person is schizo, then I'm ok with it. The problem is just like your question asks: what are their parameters and who has the final say?

Here is the Mental Hygiene provision:

The Safe Act added a new section 9.46 to the Mental Hygiene Law that requires a mental health professional to report, as soon as practicable, to his or her director of community services, any person under his or her care if the professional believes such person “is likely to engage in conduct that would result in serious harm to self or others.”
The director of community services must, if he or she agrees with this determination, report the subject person to DCJS personnel, who will make an initial screening to determine if the subject potentially has a NYS-issued firearms license or has applied for one. If so, DCJS will notify the State Police to confirm the existence of the license and the licensing authority will be notified so they can make a determination as to whether to suspend or revoke the subject’s license.
The licensing authority, and the appropriate local law enforcement agency, will handle the suspension and the recovery of any weapons in the same manner as they do now in the event the licensing authority revokes a firearms license.

This is what is happening in New York... It amazes me how the 2nd amendment doesn't exist in this state... I've been looking for the the part of the 2nd amendment that says "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed,,, UNLESS the government feels like infringing." I've read the constitution numerous times... I still can't find that part..Sane people left New York ages ago.

Reactions: 1 person
This is what is happening in New York... It amazes me how the 2nd amendment doesn't exist in this state... I've been looking for the the part of the 2nd amendment that says "The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed,,, UNLESS the government feels like infringing." I've read the constitution numerous times... I still can't find that part..Sane people left New York ages ago.

What I don't understand is why NRA doesn't challenge these laws more?

If they can show a person is schizo, then I'm ok with it. The problem is just like your question asks: what are their parameters and who has the final say?

I would have no problem if this were adjudicated by an elected judge who is also a registered gun owner.

Taking this New York chick to my buddy's ranch to fire a .270 later this week. I will fix this woman.

2186862_o.gif

Yes, if there is clear criteria on which patients risk are at risk of harming themselves or others.

Yes, if there is clear criteria on which patients risk are at risk of harming themselves or others.

You would trust the same people that came up with the SAFE Act to pick doctors to determine that kind of criteria?

I would have no problem if this were adjudicated by an elected judge who is also a registered gun owner.

What difference does that make?

I think we should only have black judges in cases where a black person is criminally accused. That makes a lot of sense.

What difference does that make?

I think we should only have black judges in cases where a black person is criminally accused. That makes a lot of sense.

It wouldn't matter. As soon as the judge passed a guilty sentence on anything, he or she would automatically become an Uncle Tom.

I know you were being sarcastic, but I'm being real here.

VN Store

Back