The state of the tea party.

lawgator1

Spending shows tea party loses with GOP gains - CNN.com
c=politics&page=2

McConnell says he wants to "crush" the TP. Both he and Boehner dismiss threats of a government shut down. Yet there will be more tea parties next year in both House and Senate.

Seems to me either the GOP feels it has lined up enough Dem votes to get past any TP antagonism, or that some of the TPers are agreeing to side with institutional GOP.

What is the state of the TP?

Reactions: 1 person
c=politics&page=2

McConnell says he wants to "crush" the TP. Both he and Boehner dismiss threats of a government shut down. Yet there will be more tea parties next year in both House and Senate.

Seems to me either the GOP feels it has lined up enough Dem votes to get past any TP antagonism, or that some of the TPers are agreeing to side with institutional GOP.

How often do you hostess?

Reactions: 2 people
c=politics&page=2

Far, far better off than the Democratic Party .

Or the rank and file Rs are sliding a bit more conservative?

No the rank and file have the support of business and the Chamber . They helped squash some of the far far right Tea Party Candidates out. They were tired of losing Senate seats due to wacko Tea Party candidates that were nominated in 2010 and 2012. The GOP fielded an overall group of good Senate candidates in 2014 unlike the last two cycles and it paid off big time.

The TP isn't a true political party if you haven't noticed.

I understand that. But in the past they were able to impose their will on at least the House. Now, despite more numbers, their influence seems to have waned.

That doesn't make any sense. I mean, technically the number of TPers in Congress is going up. Yet their power is diluted.

I have read a couple of reports that state with the larger number in the House it will be easier to get billed passed and the Tea Party Coalition will not have the same power with more main stream republicans in the house.

That along should make the next congress more productive. We should not see all these bills be passed that the House knows are dead faster than they are passed.

Boehner will have more power, Reid is out. This could end up being a very productive congress unlike the last two.

Is the TP losing momentum, or are their elected reps just selling out ?

All I care about is stopping Obummers radical agenda, tea party or traditional gop , it makes no difference. The people have spoken.. The Democratic Party in the south has been decimated thanks to your supreme leader. Sit back and enjoy the ride....😝

No the rank and file have the support of business and the Chamber . They helped squash some of the far far right Tea Party Candidates out. They were tired of losing Senate seats due to wacko Tea Party candidates that were nominated in 2010 and 2012. The GOP fielded an overall group of good Senate candidates in 2014 unlike the last two cycles and it paid off big time.

Could be they ran better candidates due to the pressure from the TP? Definitely ran more right leaning candidates this time.

I have read a couple of reports that state with the larger number in the House it will be easier to get billed passed and the Tea Party Coalition will not have the same power with more main stream republicans in the house.

That along should make the next congress more productive. We should not see all these bills be passed that the House knows are dead faster than they are passed.

Boehner will have more power, Reid is out. This could end up being a very productive congress unlike the last two.

I like your last paragraph. Reid is out. Thank God Almighty Reid is out. It's too bad he can't take the screeching old witch w/him.

Reactions: 2 people
Could be they ran better candidates due to the pressure from the TP? Definitely ran more right leaning candidates this time.

Yes thet ran better candidates because the establishment, business and the Chamber teamed up to stop the lunatic fringe of the party. Google it Hog, it is easy to do. :)

Yes thet ran better candidates because the establishment, business and the Chamber teamed up to stop the lunatic fringe of the party. Google it Hog, it is easy to do. :)

Why did they have to do this?

THEY WERE LOSING TO TP CANDIDATES IN THE PRIMARIES!

Why did they have to do this?

THEY WERE LOSING TO TP CANDIDATES IN THE PRIMARIES!

Yes, in the 2010 and 2012 elections the Tea Party Groups were putting big money in the primaries to get their candidates the nomination. The establishment did not fight them. After losing in the general some seats that the GOP should have easily won but lost because of the loons the Tea Party nominated the establishment along with business and Chamber decided enough was enough and starting putting money into the primaries for better candidates. Best move the GOP has made in years , imo.

I understand that. But in the past they were able to impose their will on at least the House. Now, despite more numbers, their influence seems to have waned.

I don't know. Ever since they came into existence the momentum seems to have swung away from the Liberals and toward Conservatism. The establishment (both Democrats and Republicans) are thoroughly entrenched but the Republicans have had to at least pretend they are more conservative because of the Tea Party movement. And, recently they were instrumental in the Senate take over and also preventing Boehner from caving into Obama on immigration. Dems are doing their best to marginalize the Tea Party and create riffs. They have too many problems of their own to be effective besides losing landslide elections.

Mine's on a roll. I don't know about yours.

That's funny.

Know who else is on a roll (of sorts)? That's right. Your president.

Ttek8c.gif

VN Store

Back