Critics predict violence and deaths over CIA torture report

Gramps

Critics predict violence and deaths over CIA torture report - CBS News

The report amounts to the first public accounting of the CIA's use of torture on al Qaeda detainees held in secret facilities in Europe and Asia in the years after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

U.S. officials who have read the report say it includes disturbing new details about the CIA's use of such techniques as sleep deprivation, confinement in small spaces, humiliation and the simulated drowning process known as waterboarding.

Reactions: 1 person
Need to take a page out of Israel's playbook. They let the christians torture em, then treat em real nice, just to **** with their minds, and break their preconceptions of Jewish behaviour.

The report amounts to the first public accounting of the CIA's use of torture on al Qaeda detainees held in secret facilities in Europe and Asia in the years after the terrorist attacks of Sept. 11, 2001.

U.S. officials who have read the report say it includes disturbing new details about the CIA's use of such techniques as sleep deprivation, confinement in small spaces, humiliation and the simulated drowning process known as waterboarding.

All nonlethal and effective.

It's really unfortunate that this was allowed to happen in the first place. Now we are caught between a rock and a hard place.

On one hand, it is extremely important to foriegn policy that we hold ourselves accountable for our own misdeeds. On the other hand, it is these sort of reports that really help bolster the ranks of terrorist organizations.

It's really unfortunate that this was allowed to happen in the first place. Now we are caught between a rock and a hard place.

On one hand, it is extremely important to foriegn policy that we hold ourselves accountable for our own misdeeds. On the other hand, it is these sort of reports that really help bolster the ranks of terrorist organizations.

Wrong...... It's really unfortunate that some liberal pansy leaked out the info. That SOB should be shot for treason.

Reactions: 6 people
Wrong...... It's really unfortunate that some liberal pansy leaked out the info. That SOB should be shot for treason.

I consider myself a liberal, but if I had this sort of information, I would sit on it. I agree that liberals are more likely to be problematic in this area, but imo, its an entirely different sort of liberal. Petty politics have no place in this arena.

I thought Razor Backs were a little tougher than this? Even the liberal ones.

Reactions: 2 people
I consider myself a liberal, but if I had this sort of information, I would sit on it. I agree that liberals are more likely to be problematic in this area, but imo, its an entirely different sort of liberal. Petty politics have no place in this arena.

I agree and you'd think this would just be common sense.
You have to wonder what that person hoped to accomplish by leaking this.

I tend to agree.. had I had control over whether or not this stuff got out, I would have sat on it as well. While I dont agree with the methods used, more so on principle rather than humanitarian reasons, allowing this to get out isn't going to help anyone except those that mean us harm.

I tend to agree.. had I had control over whether or not this stuff got out, I would have sat on it as well. While I dont agree with the methods used, more so on principle rather than humanitarian reasons, allowing this to get out isn't going to help anyone except those that mean us harm.

How exactly should they have interrogated them? Tickle feathers?

My earlier post in this thread was ignored. But I believe it is valid. Get the locals to torture them, then act like saviours. It ****s with a persons mind.

Haven't we experimented with drugs that make it difficult for people to lie? Seems like I remember reading something at some point

Haven't we experimented with drugs that make it difficult for people to lie? Seems like I remember reading something at some point

What? Like mk ultra? Yes, we have done that. Good luck finding out accurate results.

What? Like mk ultra? Yes, we have done that. Good luck finding out accurate results.

Yeah, they did a lot more in that project than dope people up.

I think what I remembered reading was about the Aurora shooter.. a judge approved the use of sodium amytal during interrogations. They wanted to him to tell the truth about his mental state during the shooting. Not sure what they ever found out though.

Yeah, they did a lot more in that project than dope people up.

I think what I remembered reading was about the Aurora shooter.. a judge approved the use of sodium amytal during interrogations. They wanted to him to tell the truth about his mental state during the shooting. Not sure what they ever found out though.

I'm not sure using a barbituate would work. You could probably get a few people to talk using drugs...just eat a quarter dozen adderrall and you'll know what I mean. I will say this may be more effective in the area of military intel extraction than it would be in court. Any info you're getting is likely to be riddled with nonsense, but if you could find anything valid, I suppose its worth pursuing.

Get the info, however you need to get it, and then shoot 'em in the face and be done with it.

VN Store

Back