UC Berkley reactions to ISIS vs Israel

theFallGuy

BBQ Sketti and IPAs
dailymail

synopsis. Man waves ISIS flag on UC Berkley campus and gets no reaction. Same man waves Israel flag on campus and gets cursed at.

I couldn't begin to tell you what an Isis flag looks like

pretty much every story the covers their actions mentions the black flags. combine that with arabic writing and a progressive well established school's students should be able to tell what it is.

Reactions: 2 people

Ditto. I wouldn't have known and probably would have laughed at someone waving a flag about, looking like an idiot.

Seems they knew exactly what was going to happen and just want to further "prove" that liberals are idiots.

Fox is a bunch of wankers.

Reactions: 1 person

Black flag with arabic writing on it, how many of those have you seen before? It stands out pretty easily. At a place that deems itself as an esteemed place of "higher learning", I would think the students there can decipher an ISIS flag. Now if we were talking about inner city Memphis, I would give them a pass. Compare the images.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-11-21 at 8.39.34 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-21 at 8.39.34 AM.png
    378.2 KB · Views: 3
  • Screen Shot 2014-11-21 at 8.40.33 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2014-11-21 at 8.40.33 AM.png
    282.3 KB · Views: 3
You have to worry about a guy waving an ISIS flag around. Might blow you up or stab you.

Guy with Israel flag, not so much.

You're making huge assumptions to try and prove your point. It's simply not a recognizable flag for the vast majority of people who would pass it on the street

You're making huge assumptions to try and prove your point. It's simply not a recognizable flag for the vast majority of people who would pass it on the street

You can clearly hear what he's saying on the video. No question

I understand what you are saying, but I'm taking into account the location. UC Berkley vs some random street in America. Surely Berkley students know something about ISIS.

So you're saying that most college students are ignorant as to what's going on in the world?

I understand what you are saying, but I'm taking into account the location. UC Berkley vs some random street in America. Surely Berkley students know something about ISIS.
So you're saying that most college students are ignorant as to what's going on in the world?

I know plenty about Isis and wouldn't know their flag from an Australian one (unless it had a kangaroo on it) . On the other hand, the Israeli one is recognizable

I know plenty about Isis and wouldn't know their flag from an Australian one (unless it had a kangaroo on it) . On the other hand, the Israeli one is recognizable

The ISIS flag is in the news almost daily.

'I went to the bucolic campus armed with a flag that represents the greatest evil known today, ISIS. If these are our best and brightest then we should all be afraid, very afraid.'

Afraid of what?

Perhaps if the flag waver had gone all out and actually worn all black head to toe and waved the flag. I have a feeling we'd get the same reaction.

As a college instructor, yes.

I would hope Berkeley students were a bit above those who come through here though. If not, we're in big trouble.

VN Store

Back