No more Religous Holidays

AirVol

Let’s go Brandon
Holidays

Do Americans move to other countries and want American Holidays recognized?

Muslims want Christmas and Easter removed from school calendar.

I'm converting to Judaism, those guys have the market cornered on holidays.

Zainab Chaudry, also a co-chair of the coalition, expressed dismay, too, contending the school board’s members were willing to “go so far as to paint themselves as the Grinch who stole Christmas” to avoid granting equal treatment for the Muslim holiday.

“They would remove the Christian holidays and they would remove the Jewish holidays from the calendar before they would consider adding the Muslim holiday to the calendar,” she said.

Muslim leaders had focused their efforts for the next school year on having the holiday of Eid *al-Adha*recognized with equal prominence on the published school calendar*because the holiday falls on the same day as Yom Kippur, when Montgomery schools are already closed. They had said the step was*symbolic but important.

Important part of the article.

Reactions: 6 people
Holidays

Do Americans move to other countries and want American Holidays recognized?

Muslims want Christmas and Easter removed from school calendar.

Nice spin. They just wanted their own days added to the calendar and didn't ask for any additional days off. So the school board erased the current religious holidays off the calendar but kept the days off the same. Baby and bathwater, imo.

And yes, many other countries recognize some American holidays and don't have a problem celebrating them. They may not take the day off, but they'll celebrate in the classroom if they have Americans. For example, some of the Japanese schools near the American bases would talk about Thanksgiving even though they didn't celebrate it.

Reactions: 1 person
Why can't the schools just educate the students about all of the holidays?
Embarrassing, but I had no idea what Hanukkah really was all about until about five years ago, when I joined the Catholic church and read Maccabees.

Nice spin. They just wanted their own days added to the calendar and didn't ask for any additional days off. So the school board erased the current religious holidays off the calendar but kept the days off the same. Baby and bathwater, imo.

And yes, many other countries recognize some American holidays and don't have a problem celebrating them. They may not take the day off, but they'll celebrate in the classroom if they have Americans. For example, some of the Japanese schools near the American bases would talk about Thanksgiving even though they didn't celebrate it.

No spin. Bolded was my point.

Because Muslims did not want Christmas removed as the OP stated.

So is your point that you're just trying to call out the OP because he made a misstatement (intentional or not)? How is that actually relevant to the article and situation itself?

The answer is... it's not, but it seems you're making an accusation about the OP. Correct???

Could I assume the same about you since you quoted this part of the article...
“They would remove the Christian holidays and they would remove the Jewish holidays from the calendar before they would consider adding the Muslim holiday to the calendar,” she said.
... which makes it seem it was done out of vengeance. But then you fail to quote the following from the same article which explains why the decision was made?

Board members pointed to the Fairfax County school system’s calendar as an example; the largest school district in Virginia does not call out such religious holidays by name.

Reactions: 1 person
So is your point that you're just trying to call out the OP because he made a misstatement (intentional or not)? How is that actually relevant to the article and situation itself?

The answer is... it's not, but it seems you're making an accusation about the OP. Correct???

Could I assume the same about you since you quoted this part of the article...

... which makes it seem it was done out of vengeance. But then you fail to quote the following from the same article which explains why the decision was made?

This makes no sense. You are all over the place.

Reactions: 3 people
Maybe because it's just another example of political correctness. Someone might get butthurt, so we will give in to their demands.

Was this a public, tax funded institution? If so I don't see a problem with removing religious holiday names from the calendar. The real problem would be if Ramadan appeared and Hanukkah and Christmas disappeared.

was this a public, tax funded institution? If so i don't see a problem with removing religious holiday names from the calendar. the real problem would be if ramadan appeared and hanukkah and christmas disappeared.

soon

VN Store

Back