What do y'all think will happen when the Supreme Court rules against Obamacare

Insurance premiums for all of us who previously had policies through the private market will see double digit increases in premiums for each of the next 2-3 years.

Reactions: 5 people
Insurance premiums for all of us who previously had policies through the private market will see double digit increases in premiums for each of the next 2-3 years.

Double digit? The horror! My co-worker's premiums went up by quadruple digits when this turd of a bill was finally enacted. He got completely hosed. He has worse coverage than he had before at more than 3 times the price. His biggest sin was not being old and not being poor.

Double digit? The horror! My co-worker's premiums went up by quadruple digits when this turd of a bill was finally enacted. He got completely hosed. He has worse coverage than he had before at more than 3 times the price. His biggest sin was not being old and not being poor.

Should've quit work & got it for free.

Reactions: Orange_Vol1321

That literally makes no sense.

Reactions: 4 people

Republicans predict rate increases with implementation of ACA. Democrats predict rate increases with dismantling of ACA. Insurance companies predict rate increases independent of ACA.

Last edited:
Republicans predict rate increases with implementation of ACA. Democrats predict rate increases with dismantling of ACA. Insurance companies predict rate increases independent of ACA's status.

It has always went up for those insured pretty much every year no matter what. Then you have the government jump in where they have no business forcing the rest to get insurance of which some could care less about or insurance they didn't need. Then you have a segment that will get that same insurance for free or a greatly reduced rate. All it is is more welfare at everyone else's expense. If anyone was getting care before & stiffing on the bill then the solution would be to not give those folks care.

Reactions: 1 person
Quadruple digit increase would equal 1,000 on the low end to 9,999 on the high end.

Quadruple rate increases means 4 times the previous rate.

His rate was below $500 per month. It is now 1,500 per month. It went up by more than $1,000 (4 digits) which is more than triple what he was paying before. Still confused?

Reactions: 2 people
His rate was below $500 per month. It is now 1,500 per month. It went up by more than $1,000 (4 digits) which is more than triple what he was paying before. Still confused?

I was. Not now. I was assuming a percentage increase. Thanks for the clarification.

Perhaps I should have directed that at LG then. LG? Does this still not make sense to you?

I knew what you meant, and I knew it was not what you wrote.

At any rate, we need to see the plans and the coverages, along with the premiums, to properly compare them.

Reactions: 2 people
I knew what you meant, and I knew it was not what you wrote.

At any rate, we need to see the plans and the coverages, along with the premiums, to properly compare them.

What I wrote was correct. Not my fault you don't have a rudimentary understanding of simple mathematical concepts to help you parse that tough word problem.

And let me get right on posting that plan. I'll have him email his policy to me so I can post it on a Vol enthusiast Web site for all to see. Idiot.

Why do some believe Obamacare will be ruled unconstitutional this time, since the Supreme Court has already ruled it is constitutional?

If the Supreme Court does rule Obamacare wholly unconstitutional this time, it is going to create problems for Republicans in 2016.

The pre-existing illness provision in the law, to cite one example, is extremely popular, even with Republicans.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back