This shows Political Correctness is getting absurd

So, they identified a trend and are working to mitigate it. Do you have another solution?

Maybe non white kids have worse behavior? I can understand that people might have a hard time coming to terms with that but it is what it is. That won't change until things at home change (culture).

This is similar to holding minorities to lower standards when compared to their white peers. It does nothing but encourage lackluster performance, or in this case, ridiculous behavior. What do you think is going to happen now that the students know the school administration is scared to punish them?..

Reactions: 2 people
Kinda ironic minorities constantly cry for equal rights yet in reality they want separate rights.

Reactions: 4 people
Once again you guys are showing your biases. The school district found a trend where minority students were being suspended at a greater rate than white students for the same offenses. If you think that is right, then I can't help you. The district superintendent is reviewing the cases to make sure everyone is treated the same. What is wrong with that?

Once again you guys are showing your biases. The school district found a trend where minority students were being suspended at a greater rate than white students for the same offenses. If you think that is right, then I can't help you. The district superintendent is reviewing the cases to make sure everyone is treated the same. What is wrong with that?

It wouldn't be an issue if the superintendent offered to review ALL suspensions. Guess whites are automatically guilty.

Reactions: 1 person
Maybe non white kids have worse behavior? I can understand that people might have a hard time coming to terms with that but it is what it is. That won't change until things at home change (culture).

This is similar to holding minorities to lower standards when compared to their white peers. It does nothing but encourage lackluster performance, or in this case, ridiculous behavior. What do you think is going to happen now that the students know the school administration is scared to punish them?..

that's racist!

The school administration most likely has a table of offenses and their consequences, much like we do in the Gubmint.

What needs to be done is hold everyone accountable for their actions according to said punishments.

However in a school district that has 70% non whites the fact that they are going to get punished more is no surprise. That's like complaining that white people own more stuff and ignoring the fact there are more of us..

The school administration most likely has a table of offenses and their consequences, much like we do in the Gubmint.

What needs to be done is hold everyone accountable for their actions according to said punishments.

However in a school district that has 70% non whites the fact that they are going to get punished more is no surprise. That's like complaining that white people own more stuff and ignoring the fact there are more of us..

Guess they can't realize school behavior is just like that throughout the rest of society.

Hopefully they were looking at percentages rather than raw numbers.

I'd like to see actual data that backs that up. Not just the superintendents suspicions.

When you read the article, though, it's clear that the school district's goal is to improve their numbers and eliminate the suspension gap - which appears to be completely superficial goal, not one that addresses the underlying causes.

I'd like to see actual data that backs that up. Not just the superintendents suspicions.

When you read the article, though, it's clear that the school district's goal is to improve their numbers and eliminate the suspension gap - which appears to be completely superficial goal, not one that addresses the underlying causes.

Ding ding ding. Her goal isn't to deter bad behavior or address underlying causes. Nope! It's to not suspend black and Hispanic students.

VN Store

Back