Who would you like to see run for GOP nomination in 2016?

MDS67

Here are five republicans that I would like to see run for the GOP nomination in 2016(Not necessarily in this order).

Ted Cruz
Rand Paul
John Kasich
Susana Martinez
Butch Otter

I'd personally love a ticket of John Kasich-Susana Martinez. Susana Martinez would be a great Vice Presidential candidate for the GOP. She would be great for the ticket as a Woman and Latina who could help bring up the percentage of Latinos voting for the GOP and would help put an end to this war on Women crap.

Reactions: 1 person
Martinez? Hmmmm ... filed an employment discrimination case, Democrat turned Republican, hers was only one of two states to lose jobs this past year, some fairly inconsistent statements and positions on things like on abortion and gay marriage ...

Certainly she has her high points as a Latina but she might have too much baggage as a career low level politician.

As always I'll throw out Mitch Daniels as my preferred candidate. he will not run though.

Paul
Kasich

possibly Ryan

Reactions: 3 people
As always I'll throw out Mitch Daniels as my preferred candidate. he will not run though.

Paul
Kasich

possibly Ryan

Honestly, I feel like it has to be someone new, or someone so old they are treated as new (Bush).

The old guard (Perry, Ryan) is just not very exciting, don't you think?

Martinez? Hmmmm ... filed an employment discrimination case, Democrat turned Republican, hers was only one of two states to lose jobs this past year, some fairly inconsistent statements and positions on things like on abortion and gay marriage ...

Certainly she has her high points as a Latina but she might have too much baggage as a career low level politician.

Start the character assassination of any possible minority/female Republican candidate now, why wait?

Honestly, I feel like it has to be someone new, or someone so old they are treated as new (Bush).

I wouldn't put Ryan in the "old guard" category.

I wouldn't put Ryan in the "old guard" category.

I meant in the sense that he ran before. He was the party's VP nominee.

If you're looking for someone to shake things up, and not more of the same old same old ...

Start the character assassination of any possible minority/female Republican candidate now, why wait?

How is anything I listed character assassination? Sheesz its all simply objective fact. I expressed nothing based in just opinion or conjecture.

Honestly, I don't know much about her. Just not sure a party defector and a former employment plaintiff are what the GOP is all about these days.

Reactions: 4 people

Please lord NO MORE Bush's, Clinton's and I will add Obama's because that clown has done as much damage as the other 2 clowns I listed.

I'd bet pennies to dollars she gets serious consideration as a VP candidate.

Been saying that for a while.

Reactions: 2 people
We could use a Latino on the ballot,especially after Barry gives amnesty to some 10 million illegals.

How is anything I listed character assassination? Sheesz its all simply objective fact. I expressed nothing based in just opinion or conjecture.

Honestly, I don't know much about her. Just not sure a party defector and a former employment plaintiff are what the GOP is all about these days.

People change parties Reagan and Eisenhower both started out as Democrats. Eisenhower didn't know what party he would run for president in until just before he decided to run.

I believe the Republican Party is too quick to jump on the shiny object. I'll wait to see how she does at the next level.

People change parties Reagan and Eisenhower both started out as Democrats. Eisenhower didn't know what party he would run for president in until just before he decided to run.

Eisenhower really didn't consider party affiliation important. In fact, he liked working with the southern democrats more than he did Republicans.

The similarities to the Palin scenario are remarkable, I'll grant you that.

No, Palin was a relative unknown when she arrived at the RNC Convention in 2008. Martinez is actually making waves on the national scene in advance.

You say that about all of the possible candidates, the issue has to be dealt with at some point.

It will have to be dealt with you're right about that. I like Walker it says a lot that you win three elections with a bulleye square on your back.

VN Store

Back