NY State blesses "Incest" Marriage

PKT_VOL

Veni, Vidi, Vici
NY State blesses

The state’s highest court has toppled a cultural taboo — legalizing a degree of incest, at least between an uncle and niece — in a unanimous ruling.

While the laws against “parent-child and brother-sister marriages . . . are grounded in the almost universal horror with which such marriages are viewed . . . there is no comparably strong objection to uncle-niece marriages,” Tuesday’s ruling reads.
Judge Robert Smith of the Court of

The decision stems from a case brought by Vietnamese citizen Huyen Nguyen, 34, a woman who had appealed a ruling by an immigration judge.

The judge had tried to boot her from the United States after declaring that her 2000 marriage in Rochester to her mother’s half-brother was invalid.
Nguyen and her husband, Vu Truong, 38, appealed and won.

“They’ve been married 14 years now, but unfortunately, for half the time, there has been this concern over their heads about whether [the immigration issue] could be resolved. Thankfully, now it has been,” Marszalkowski said.
Marszalkowski said he won the case by zeroing in on the language of the state’s domestic-relations law.

The statute reads that “a marriage is incestuous and void whether the relatives are legitimate or illegitimate between either: 1. An ancestor and a descendant; 2. A brother and sister of either the whole or half blood; 3. An uncle and niece or an aunt and nephew.”

Incest is a crime punishable by a $50 to $100 fine and up to six months in jail.

Marszalkowski determined that as a matter of consanguinity, or blood relations, half-uncles and nieces share the same level of genetic ties as first cousins — or only one-eighth the same DNA.

“It really was the equivalent of cousins marrying, which has been allowed in New York state for well over 100 years,” Marszalkowski said.

Food for thought, let's say you meet someone and you fall in love. The two of you are intimate. Hell, let's say you are married. Then, you find out that y'all are related through a family member you didn't know about.

What do you do? Do you break things off immediately? Do you insist your love is real but go the adoption route? Thoughts?

Aren't the first cases mentioned in this sentence discriminatory?

While the laws against “parent-child and brother-sister marriages . . . are grounded in the almost universal horror with which such marriages are viewed . . . there is no comparably strong objection to uncle-niece marriages,”

A welfare state that doesn't mind having to take care of a bunch of mentally retarded inbreds

Reactions: 3 people
Food for thought, let's say you meet someone and you fall in love. The two of you are intimate. Hell, let's say you are married. Then, you find out that y'all are related through a family member you didn't know about.

What do you do? Do you break things off immediately? Do you insist your love is real but go the adoption route? Thoughts?

I would not break things off without talking to the other individual. I wouldn't be mean about it and just leave with no explanation. I would explain my views on the subject and then break it off.

Hard to say. Adoption for sure if medical opinion clearly suggests complications. I'm not up on the science but how scientifically valid is the claim of problems from close relationship children? Is it exaggerated because of taboo or high probability (don't honestly know).

Hi... the south is already full of them and happens to have the highest rate of welfare recipients.

I couldn't resist.

Um, no

As of the last census there wasn't a single state in the south w a higher rate than New York. And ny barely cracks the top 10

The west coast and northeast are by far the largest welfare recipients

In fact, the south has some of the lowest rates

break up immediately and projectile vomit

Reactions: 2 people
Laws against interrelated marriage could never stand a federal court challenge now.

Agreed. We are in the era of "it's my body and my bedroom and i can do whatever with any adult i want as long as it doesnt harm another person".

Do you disagree with that statement?

What would it matter if i did agree or didn't? People certainly do not need my permission to behave the way they feel is best. Whether i condone or condemn doesnt matter.

Reactions: 1 person

Moot issue. Everyone knows that, while she admired Luke, she was really in love with Han (not to mention all those "daddy" issues with Vader).

VN Store

Back