This guy is scum

Vietnam?

And North Korea doesn't have many natural resources. You don't invade a country without many natural resources. 2nd rule of war, the 1st being you fight like a sumo***** if you're invaded.

Yep, Macarthur warned Truman the Chinese were going to cross the Yalu and wanted to bomb them there. Truman refused.

We had the NKs beat until then.

Sounds great. But what were Big Mac's plan for a total war with China?

Reactions: 1 person
Yep, Macarthur warned Truman the Chinese were going to cross the Yalu and wanted to bomb them there. Truman refused.

Not sure anything would've kept the ChiComs north of the Yalu.

Not sure anything would've kept the ChiComs north of the Yalu.

Maybe not but we could have weakened them before they crossed.

Now, I don't agree with Macarthur's idea of using nukes but we could have still used conventional.

I haven't picked up a book on the Korean War (more of an ACW and WWII buff) in a long time, so this could be wrong but, I thought MacArthur dismissed the notion that the Chinese were going to intervene to Truman himself?

I haven't picked up a book on the Korean War (more of an ACW and WWII buff) in a long time, so this could be wrong but, I thought MacArthur dismissed the notion that the Chinese were going to intervene to Truman himself?

I believe it was the other way around. It wasn't to long after the Chinese came across that Macarthur started criticizing the admins handling of the war. With of course got him fired.

Watched a documentary on PBS about North Korea. Pop culture and media is constantly smuggled in to the country. Average people live in fear that their neighbors will inform the State of the contraband. Given that these were officials in the regime, I suspect the message was heard loud and clear by the enslaved citizens.

MacArthur wasn't concerned with a ChiCom attack, as shown by EUSA getting caught with its pants down

High def or analog? When the hell did they get television in North Korea?

They have had television. I believe the South Koreans pump signals into North Korea for their residents to pick up. Almost like a cultural, cold-water tactic.

They have had television. I believe the South Koreans pump signals into North Korea for their residents to pick up. Almost like a cultural, cold-water tactic.

Both sides do the balloons dropping stuff all the time.

Thought this was a thread about LG.

That's gold!

Kenny-Bania.png

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back