Marine Banned From Daughters School

hog88

Your ray of sunshine
Reactions: 1 person
Sounds like he was being a douche. The history of Islam should be taught, it's a very interesting one. It's a World History class, not current events. What a butt nugget.

Reactions: 2 people
You can't just omit a portion of history. That's intellectually dishonest. I'm kind of pissed after reading the last half that they would even consider allowing the kid to not attend class because the father doesn't like those people.

Reactions: 3 people
Dad was an asshat. I mean I get the feeling of being taught the history of Islam but not Judaism and Christianity along side it on one hand but on the other none of those religions developed at the same time and honestly I don't think one can effectively debate their religion without knowing what the other believe.

Dad was an asshat. I mean I get the feeling of being taught the history of Islam but not Judaism and Christianity along side it on one hand but on the other none of those religions developed at the same time and honestly I don't think one can effectively debate their religion without knowing what the other believe.

Students do learn about the history of Christianity. Especially the involvement of the Catholic Church.

So you're upset because the right thing was done despite his military affiliation?

Your reading comprehension is still lacking. I said I understood he brought it on himself. I was just asking if the assignment was flipped and a Muslim complained, would the school have made accommodations.

Your reading comprehension is still lacking. I said I understood he brought it on himself. I was just asking if the assignment was flipped and a Muslim complained, would the school have made accommodations.

So you're complaining about your perceived since of injustice. Once again, you're upset that they did the right thing.

So you're complaining about your perceived since of injustice. Once again, you're upset that they did the right thing.

Asshat, I'm not upset about anything. It's called discussion!

I'm all for exploring and discussing all religions and their impact on world history.

Students do learn about the history of Christianity. Especially the involvement of the Catholic Church.

Like I said. The feeling. I feel like you're being argumentative just to be right now. No one In here is saying the father was in the right...

Yes if a Muslim dad had complained about Christianity being taught at school they would have accommodated him to the utmost & changed the entire lesson plans throughout the state more than likely.

Last edited:
Yes if a Muslim dad had complained about Christianity being taught at school they would've have accommodated him to the utmost & changed the entire lesson plans throughout the state more than likely.

Do you not understand the difference between promoting one religion and teaching its doctrine as truth, and teaching religion from a historical perspective?

My daughter's Social studies teacher just taught on the Great Awakening and played an excerpt from J. Edward's sermon, "Sinners in the Hands of an Angry God."

I imagine some Atheists would be upset.

I don't know the content of the lesson. But, it sounds like he was over reacting.

Do you not understand the difference between promoting one religion and teaching its doctrine as truth, and teaching religion from a historical perspective?

So if the history of Christianity is taught, it automatically means the teacher is promoting it as truth?

But because the history of Islam is being taught, it's not promoting it as truth, just historical fact?

Your post is stupidity personified.

So if the history of Christianity is taught, it automatically means the teacher is promoting it as truth?

But because the history of Islam is being taught, it's not promoting it as truth, just historical fact?

Your post is stupidity personified.

I don't think that's what he was trying to say.

I really don't see the problem with an alternate assignment for the kid in this case.

Why not? Qualify your statement.

I see it as intellectually dishonest because it teaches the kid that they can avoid certain topics that they, or in this case their parents, may disagree with. That's definitely not how real life works. Whether this kid learns about Islam or not, Islam and its history still has an impact on the social and political climate of the entire world.

Why not? Qualify your statement.

I see it as intellectually dishonest because it teaches the kid that they can avoid certain topics that they, or in this case their parents, may disagree with. That's definitely not how real life works. Whether this kid learns about Islam or not, Islam and its history still has an impact on the social and political climate of the entire world.

I see your point. However if the parents find it offensive or they do not want their child to learn about it, how can anyone say that is wrong? Nobody should be able to tell a parent what is best for their child.

It actually would have been a great opportunity for the student to research and speak to the sick truth of Islam.

Politically correct studies propaganda in schools now. Got to indoctrinate those young minds. Many of the children's parent's minds have already succumbed to the teachings of Allah.

Welcome to the new world comrades.

VN Store

Back