Rep Amash: Americans becoming more libertarian

Reasonably certain your computer should burst into flames for tossing those two names into the same thread as Amash.

He's baaaaaaaaaaack. :)

pull up a seat and sit a spell, gv.

I think there are a lot of people who are libertarian but don't realize it

Yep. Most college "Republicans" I knew were really Libertarians when you talked to them. A surprising number of college "Democrats" were the same (ones that were Democrats due mainly to social causes).

Yep. Most college "Republicans" I knew were really Libertarians when you talked to them. A surprising number of college "Democrats" were the same (ones that were Democrats due mainly to social causes).

I fall in the last category. Socially I'm very liberal, but with all other issues I feel that my freedom should be extended as far as possible without harming the next person.

There is hope. Wake up America!

Figured you'd like him

I loved the part where the establishment tried to use terrorism to make him look bad on govt spying

The challenger, Brian Ellis, stooped as low as he could go, releasing an ad that accused Amash of being "al-Qaida's best friend in Congress" due to the representative's opposition to NSA spying and unauthorized wars.

Reactions: 1 person
Big fan of his, hoping one day he'll decide to run for President. I could really see myself voting for a Republican if he was the nominee.

I am generally a libertarian. My only opposing view is foreign policy. From most of what I have read and heard expressed, Libertarians are more closely aligned to isolationist points of view, in regards to foreign policy.

I am generally a libertarian. My only opposing view is foreign policy. From most of what I have read and heard expressed, Libertarians are more closely aligned to isolationist points of view, in regards to foreign policy.

Yep. I will say I think most Libertarians are united that Congress needs to enact/vote for sustained military campaigns; not merely the POTUS's discretion.

I also differ on the NSA; I tend to have a more pragmatic view verse an ideological view. I think collecting and storing information is fine so long as they don't view it or prosecute with it (without a proper search warrant). It certainly seems that has happened. However, I don't think such an occurrence, although unfortunate, should lead to a reactionary move of not collecting and storing (for when you really might need it and could save a lot of lives).

VN Store

Back