Pope says evolution is a real thing

God has limits to his power? Does the Pope still believe in the biblical miracles, i wonder.

He is saying that god used intelligent design to create us and our world. He knew what the end game was and put it into motion. He didn't "wave a magic wand" as Genesis would suggest. His words not mine. I just agree with them. I am not a catholic but find it interesting that the leader of one of the largest religions in the world believes this.

Last edited:
He is saying that god used intelligent design to create us and our world. He knew what the end game was and put it into motion. He didn't "wave a magic wand" as Genesis would suggest. His words not mine. I just agree with them. I am not a catholic but find it interesting that the leader of one of the largest religions in the world believes this.

You know sometimes leaders are fos regardless of how large the group is they lead.

Reactions: 4 people
Yes gramps. I didn't say I believe it because he does. I do find it interesting though

Imagine that, the Pope looks at the evidence and says, "yeah, denying this makes us look stupid."

We've got some stragglers left here though. :)

Reactions: 11 people
Interesting quote on many levels. It goes against many years of orthodoxy. On the other hand, he seems to be further enhancing the problem of cherry picking what to promote, what to shun, what to proclaim is backed by history/science, and what passages (rightly) supersede science. At least fundamental Christians are consistent in how they interpret scripture (however crazy that might seem to those who don't interpret scripture that way).

Reactions: 2 people
Do that many people deny evolution?

I'm going to stir the pot at work tomorrow and ask around.

Reactions: 4 people
Interesting quote on many levels. It goes against many years of orthodoxy. On the other hand, he seems to be further enhancing the problem of cherry picking what to promote, what to shun, what to proclaim is backed by history/science, and what passages (rightly) supersede science. At least fundamental Christians are consistent in how they interpret scripture (however crazy that might seem to those who don't interpret scripture that way).

Very true.

This is nothing new. It's the stance that the Catholic church has taken for a long time.

fKdVYmC.jpg

Reactions: 2 people
Do that many people deny evolution?

I'm going to stir the pot at work tomorrow and ask around.

There has been a large discussion on this in the God thread.

Most agree that microevolution does happen

The argument has been about if Macroevolution happens or not.

Big Bang is also questioned.

Check it out it has been a lively thread to say the least.

This is true as well. Goes to show how the split between fundamental Christians and modern Christians is widening. Church didn't want to be on the slowly losing side.

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back