Hillary Clinton commits Biden-level gaffe

MG1968

That’s No Moon…
At least, that's what you get from the :37 second clip provided in the link.

Hillary: 'Don't Let Anybody Tell You' That 'Businesses Create Jobs'

Appearing at a Boston rally for Democrat gubernatorial candidate Martha Coakley on Friday, Hillary Clinton told the crowd gathered at the Park Plaza Hotel not to listen to anybody who says that “businesses create jobs.”

“Don’t let anybody tell you it’s corporations and businesses create jobs,” Clinton said.

“You know that old theory, ‘trickle-down economics,’” she continued. “That has been tried, that has failed. It has failed rather spectacularly.”

I don't have any doubt she actually believes this, but it's surprising that she allowed a rare moment of personal honesty to be recorded.

Reactions: 1 person
I don't think I'd call it a gaffe. The sentence right after makes it clear she is talking about how trickle down is BS in terms of justifying tax breaks for corporations. Which is absolutely correct over the past 20 years. They invest it in dividends ant technology that renders jobs obsolete.

Reactions: 3 people
I don't think I'd call it a gaffe. The sentence right after makes it clear she is talking about how trickle down is BS in terms of justifying tax breaks for corporations. Which is absolutely correct over the past 20 years. They invest it in dividends ant technology that renders jobs obsolete.

You're nothing if not predictable. You're also confusing tax breaks with corporate welfare. Your hero, Obama, is the clown prince of corporate welfare.

If tax breaks for corporations are so wrong, why are New York and California blasting network TV with commercials promising huge tax breaks to businesses that relocate or build in those states?

Reactions: 5 people
You're nothing if not predictable. You're also confusing tax breaks with corporate welfare. Your hero, Obama, is the clown prince of corporate welfare.

If tax breaks for corporations are so wrong, why are New York and California blasting network TV with commercials promising huge tax breaks to businesses that relocate or build in those states?

Because everybody already left because of the high ass tax rates. Now they're begging industry to come back with promises of a ten year tax free zones.

Because those corporations then donate, or find ways to donate, large amounts of cash to reelection campaigns.

Good lord, this ranks up there with "“If you’ve got a business — you didn’t build that. Somebody else made that happen.”

What in the hell is wrong with these people???

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people
As previously posted in other theads, I think the obvious solution is to cut corporate income tax to zero, and to instead treat all net profit to a corporation as ordinary income to each person who owns shares, and to tax it there, as opposed to at the corporate level. End cheating, end the incentive to be overseas. None of that will matter.

As previously posted in other theads, I think the obvious solution is to cut corporate income tax to zero, and to instead treat all net profit to a corporation as ordinary income to each person who owns shares, and to tax it there, as opposed to at the corporate level. End cheating, end the incentive to be overseas. None of that will matter.

This may be the most intelligent thing you have ever said.

Reactions: 2 people
This may be the most intelligent thing you have ever said.

Bear in mind that I believe it should be taxed at whatever nominal rate the individual shareholder would owe for ordinary income. For every share owned by Mitt Romney he would pay a rate of 39.6 % on the profit attributable to his share. Additionally, if he sold that share, he'd pay that rate on the price minus his basis. No more special treatment of capital gains for investments.

I'd be in favor, however, of a deduction for dollars on transactions that resulted in a loss.

Shut the hell up party pooper. :) We like pooping on your gal.

Reactions: 1 person

Do you own a cellphone, and/or flat screen tv?

Yes, why?

Surprised you haven't thrown the phone through the TV with UF's football games this year. :)
Seriously, did you purchase these items when the technology was new and expensive or did you wait for the price to become affordable?

What you are describing is basically a partnership or an S corp. However, remember losses will also flow through to the owners as well.

VN Store

Back