Yet another school shootout

3 in critical condition. (All headshots)

1 in hospital with non life threatening injuries.

Sadly, tragically, there was a gun available.

Sadly, tragically you and CC both made a point to politicize this but if you really wanted to I'd love to point out Seattle is a bastion of left thinking and if the right to bear arms was available to the teachers, perhaps one of them could have ended the threat sooner.

Reactions: 1 person
In no way saying this is related, because we don't have many details right now....but I will say that the public school system contains a large number of students with a history of mental illness and/or violence. I had a student last year who had just been released from a mental hospital. I've had many students with criminal records and many who see a psychologist/therapist on a regular basis. Combine these issues with the short term perspective of a teenager, and the cruel way students can treat each other and you have a potentially deadly situation.

Reactions: 2 people
In no way saying this is related, because we don't have many details right now....but I will say that the public school system contains a large number of students with a history of mental illness and/or violence. I had a student last year who had just been released from a mental hospital. I've had many students with criminal records and many who see a psychologist/therapist on a regular basis. Combine these issues with the short term perspective of a teenager, and the cruel way students can treat each other and you have a potentially deadly situation.

OMG, how did any of us ever survive High School?

Reactions: 1 person

VN Store

Back