What were they thinking?

Kids are moochers in today's world. They don't do anything but play video games, play on their phones or stay on Volnation all day,.....damn losers.

j/k about the VN thing there Freak.

Reactions: 1 person
$50,000 for each child for a four year degree doesn't seem outrageous. Two middle class parents thinking they can just borrow that amount of money and think all will be well is outrageous.

Their kids need to learn the value of a dollar. I don't care if they work 60 hours a week, these kids sound undiciplined and need to be taught a lesson they should have learned long ago.

The last paragraph sums up and offers a good solution to the problem that affects 21% of parents.

-from the article:
Having counseled countless students and their families through debt management, Fudge says, “the more people understand their student loan repayment options and become financially literate consumers, the better they will be equipped to take advantage of their investment in college.”

Set out a serious plan to pay off the money before agreeing to take out a student loan.

Sounds like they didn't even plan for college. Wonder what degrees the girls received for that kind of money

At first glance I thought this thread was "what were they drinking?" and set myself up for a great booze mystery with twists and turns and a thrilling conclusion.

Disappointment.

Sounds like they didn't even plan for college. Wonder what degrees the girls received for that kind of money

Great question. We've got an acquaintance (wouldn't call friend) who's daughter is attending Vanderbilt to be an elementary teacher. I'm not intimate with their finances but do know they are using student loans to pay for her education.

Where is the ROI? I guess she might find a rich husband there but that's about it.

I have $100,000 in student loans, however they are for law school. I would not do it again though.

I have $100,000 in student loans, however they are for law school. I would not do it again though.

With a law degree you have a chance at a return. Still a big pill to swallow.

Make them join the military (USAF) Get the new awesome Post 9/11 GI bill AND take as many free tuition assisted courses as possible. Problem solved.

Reactions: 3 people
Make them join the military (USAF) Get the new awesome Post 9/11 GI bill AND take as many free tuition assisted courses as possible. Problem solved.

Tried to get my daughter to join the Coast Guard. She wasn't having it.

I had a total of 33K but that was for undergrad, masters and PhD.

Of course I worked while in school for all of them and stayed in-state for the first 2.

That's what my son is doing. A degree from the CCAF carries as much weight as any college these days, and plus they gain experience and discipline which is lacking in this younger generation.

That's what my son is doing. A degree from the CCAF carries as much weight as any college these days, and plus they gain experience and discipline which is lacking in this younger generation.

It's not a bad gig. I miss some of it sometimes, like the travel...but that was 50/50. Broke a plane in Bermuda for a few days, that was nice. :good!:

Broke a plane in a field in Iraq..that sucked :machgun:

Kids are moochers in today's world. They don't do anything but play video games, play on their phones or stay on Volnation all day,.....damn losers.

j/k about the VN thing there Freak.

That's an awfully broad brush you have there.

VN Store

Back