Sweden Hunting Russian Sub

Burhead

God-Emperor of Politics
BBC News - Sweden widens 'foreign activity' hunt off Stockholm

In case you haven't heard, four days ago the Swedish military picked up a distress call from a Russian sub within it's territorial waters near Stockholm. Since then the Swedish Navy has launched an operation to find it before it can escape. Of course Russia blames the Dutch for the event. Then there is the "man in black" as well;

man_black_sweden_s_3078704c.jpg

Roland Oliphant has more on the theory that the submarine apparently stranded off the Swedish coast was undertaking a top-secret, James Bond-esque spy extraction mission. Far-fetched? Perhaps. But who knows...

"As everyone one knows, the best role of a submarine in any Cold War drama is to deliver or extract spies from hostile shores in the dead of night.
Following that logic, the vessel in question almost certainly ran into trouble while delivering a Russian agent to a remote Baltic island to do something swashbuckling and nefarious.
Exactly what such a spy might be up to is anyone’s guess.
After all, Russia and Sweden are not at war, and Aeroflot flies Moscow to Stockholm twice daily (from a very reasonable £73, according to the airline’s website).
So unless Moscow’s spy agencies have lost the ability to travel incognito, there would have to be a good reason to take such a risky and laborious travel option.
Probably the kind of reason that would make a decent airport paperback."

Remember the reports last night of an enigmatic "man in black" wading off the Swedish island of Korso, raising the prospect that the submarine could have been sent to drop off or pick up an elite Russian spy?
Well, Swedish website DE claims to have found a picture of him, snapped by a local last night:

as much as i love to blame Russia, as any MSM reading Murikan, that picture could easily be of anybody. and if some local wants to go for a swim they would probably have on a wet suit too. I like the idea of the Russia sub effed up and ran aground or something. but hard to believe they hadn't found it yet. close off the one end and start a sweep up from there. if they hadn't found it yet it has probably gotten away, if it was there.

as much as i love to blame Russia, as any MSM reading Murikan, that picture could easily be of anybody. and if some local wants to go for a swim they would probably have on a wet suit too. I like the idea of the Russia sub effed up and ran aground or something. but hard to believe they hadn't found it yet. close off the one end and start a sweep up from there. if they hadn't found it yet it has probably gotten away, if it was there.
Red October scenario. Russian commander wants to defect, sends out a distress signal, Russian military scrambles, all while Sean Connery is drinking Vodka in San Jose and our spies are reverse engineering their technology

These guys can forget about ever being saved or acknowledged by the Russian govt. You're just expected to take one for the team, a mere digit.

Red October scenario. Russian commander wants to defect, sends out a distress signal, Russian military scrambles, all while Sean Connery is drinking Vodka in San Jose and our spies are reverse engineering their technology

Gotsta get those phantom drives tho.

Reactions: 1 person
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=ha3x8r6n88k

This is just yet another fabrication and lie involving Russia. Becoming the norm with western media...

So Sweden just decided to make up a story about an intercepted Russian communication so they could have their largest mobilization in almost 30 years, in their own water just to drive up the anti-Russian rhetoric?

for the record i think the sub is long gone, its been too long, if it was ever there.

So Sweden just decided to make up a story about an intercepted Russian communication so they could have their largest mobilization in almost 30 years, in their own water just to drive up the anti-Russian rhetoric?

for the record i think the sub is long gone, its been too long, if it was ever there.

Precisely! Is that not what the CIA and Ukrainian govt did with the Buk missile crap??

I'm sorry you guys just don't get the fact that the main war is spreading propaganda and the demonization of Russia....

Precisely! Is that not what the CIA and Ukrainian govt did with the Buk missile crap??

I'm sorry you guys just don't get the fact that the main war is spreading propaganda and the demonization of Russia....

You really need to study some Russian history and politics sometime.

I have and I can assure you I know more than you!!

You seem to get your panties in a wad awful easy....can you tell me why?

Panties? I'll have you know that I go commando, sir! Don't ever accuse me of restricting my boys again!

Where are our semen, oops...seamen....here on VN? I'd like to hear their opinion on this sub search.

well according to the normal anti-american story if it was the CIA it would have involved shooting civilians, because a sub getting 'lost' isnt all that bad.

VN Store

Back