Christianity at Its Finest, IMO

The term "gay christian" would make this boards head explode.

I can see BOT or Crush literally having an aneurysm

Reactions: 8 people
It's a pretty cool thing that he wants to do. But the real issue is still the fact the bakery was punished in court for their refusal to bake a cake.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
The term "gay christian" would make this boards head explode.

I can see BOT or Crush literally having an aneurysm

They should be used to it by now. Certain Catholic priests and Republicans looking for fun in bathroom stalls should have them quite familiar with the term.. :)

This gay Christian is trying to raise $150k for another Christian who was fined for refusing to bake a cake for a same sex marriage.

I’m a gay rights activist. I want to give $150,000 to someone who opposes gay marriage. - The Washington Post

Because someone opposes gay marriage doesn't mean they hate gays. I certainly don't hate gay people, although I certainly think it's sinful behavior. All have sinned and need a savior. Christ is that savior. To be Christ like in our behavior is great, but it won't save us. To realize we are sinners and then ask for Christ to be our substitute for the price of sin is our only hope.

Reactions: 7 people
If you're being desperate in an attempt to put them on par together. I'm sure you are.

Are you asking or telling?

My point was one shouldn't cast stones if one lives in a glass house. Did you miss it? I'm sure you did.

Reactions: 2 people
This gay Christian is trying to raise $150k for another Christian who was fined for refusing to bake a cake for a same sex marriage.

I’m a gay rights activist. I want to give $150,000 to someone who opposes gay marriage. - The Washington Post
Doesn't bother me at all. Although the term "gay Christian" is wrong. Christian is the correct description of identity. I know many Christians who have homosexual desires.
What someone is attracted to or what they want to do with their sex organs should never become the mark of identity. My heterosexuality (and I am a verile, ripped stud) isn't who I am. It's a shame we put so much emphasis on identity based on sexuality. Our generation is over sexualized.

Reactions: 4 people
I should reject Christ because of people claiming to be Christians doing bad things? Put your eyes on Christ and not on man. It would be sad to tell Christ that you refused to believe in Him because of what man does.

Reactions: 8 people
Yep,
-These people would never call the police in a time of need because there is corruption in law enforcement.
-They would never retain a lawyer, because there are corrupt lawyers. Therefore, there is no justice.
-They would never eat out, because restaurants fail inspections and get people sick.

Are you asking or telling?

My point was one shouldn't cast stones if one lives in a glass house. Did you miss it? I'm sure you did.

Your point is dumb because we're not in a glass house. But you keep imagining we are so you can feel better.

The topic at hand started about gays. We can always go that route, compare ease of life for gays in Christian cultures versus their lives in Muslim cultures.

Reactions: 4 people
I should reject Christ because of people claiming to be Christians doing bad things? Put your eyes on Christ and not on man. It would be sad to tell Christ that you refused to believe in Him because of what man does.

Good point OJ.

Sadly people are driven away from Christ because of the actions of men. I turned my back on God for several years because of some unethical actions committed by Church leaders at the Church I was attending until God showed me the errors of my ways.
I sit back and wonder how many blessings I missed during those years.

Like it or not a Christian's life, especially the clergy and church leaders , is constantly under examination. IMO, a hypocrite is by far the meanest person on earth. They live their lives one way and portray themselves to be something they are not.

I look at it this way, if I were a sinner, never been saved, decided one Sunday I was going to church, walk in sit down and the Sunday School Superintendent gets up , opens the service, I recognize him from the VFW Friday night drunk and hitting on women. I am going to get up and walk out the door.

The lives we live do effect others. We can draw people to God or we can drive them away.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 people

VN Store

Back