Tesla Motors

VOLatile

BRB Pooping
Michigan is the latest state to consider legislation to ban the sales of Tesla in the state.

How does everyone feel about that?

Is it okay for the Automotive Dealer's Association to throw their weight around to protect their possibly antiquated business model or do they feel threatened that other car companies will begin selling direct to customer? Is that something to be afraid of?

Michigan is the latest state to consider legislation to ban the sales of Tesla in the state.

How does everyone feel about that?

Is it okay for the Automotive Dealer's Association to throw their weight around to protect their possibly antiquated business model or do they feel threatened that other car companies will begin selling direct to customer? Is that something to be afraid of?
Of course it's not okay, but when politicians are all bought and paid for I expect nothing less.

Reactions: 2 people
my state senate (which is controlled by Republicans) voted unanimously to outlaw the sale of cars by the manufacturer to individuals - except for Tesla (I presume because they had already been granted permits, however they're not allowed to open any more showrooms).

It's complete bull****. The auto dealers mean too much $ for these yellow bastards in office.

why? I am honestly asking. I hadn't heard about any thing shady from Telsa.

There's nothing shady about Tesla, they're really, really transparent. The shady remark is about the legislation and politicians bought and paid for by the Dealers Association.

i had taken the direct sale to customers as the unethical part and figured you as the owner of a dealership.

You should, because Tesla has plans for much more affordable vehicles in the relatively near future.

Yeah...I couldn't afford a cell phone in 1990, but I can afford them now, and they're infinitely better products.

Unless there are glaring safety or production concersns this goes against what Murica stands for. Free market.

You should, because Tesla has plans for much more affordable vehicles in the relatively near future.

Exactly, and they continue to build out an already impressive supercharger network. Tesla will introduce more affordable models to a strong charging infrastructure.

Exactly, and they continue to build out an already impressive supercharger network. Tesla will introduce more affordable models to a strong charging infrastructure.

i know of at least one here in midtown ATL. very cool to see, IMO electric cars could sell a lot better if there were the charging stations to support them. just like cars and gas stations.

i know of at least one here in midtown ATL. very cool to see, IMO electric cars could sell a lot better if there were the charging stations to support them. just like cars and gas stations.

Tesla's working hard at expanding their current station offerings. Takes time and money, obviously, but Tesla's moving in the right direction quickly.

Tesla's working hard at expanding their current station offerings. Takes time and money, obviously, but Tesla's moving in the right direction quickly.

Their new battery factory, when operational, will also help lower the price of the units a bit as well.

I think any time the distribution channel uses legislation and regulation to protect itself is bad.

Alcohol distribution is a bs as well, distributors literally only exist to be a middleman. If you have Netflix, check out Beer Wars, great documentary.

Reactions: 1 person
Alcohol distribution is a bs as well, distributors literally only exist to be a middleman. If you have Netflix, check out Beer Wars, great documentary.

Just checked that out late last night... very sad documentary. I blame the 'Murican public, however for allowing themselves to be lead by the sheep and drink chemically processed alcohol (not beer). And you can't even make the argument that you are drinking 'Murican beer anymore since Budweiser got bought out.

The woman that was trying to sell the Moonshot beer with caffeine was an uncomfortable story to see unfold. I read up on her and the beer after watching the movie and it seems she got caught up in the Four Loco fiasco with the FDA, but even still, I couldn't see her beer having that many people willing to invest in it. Its sad when someone has determination and but seems to spin their wheels on an idea that may not be that good.

Mmm... nothing like stifling competition. 'Murica. Gov. Snyder signed the new ban* of sales of Tesla into law.

*There was previously already a ban on direct sales in Michigan, that I didn't know about. This is just updated wording.

VN Store

Back