Type 1 Diabetes Cure Imminent?

diabeetus.jpg

Reactions: 4 people
Some of the good-hearted slack jawed yokels in my area refer to it (diabetes) as "the sugar".

Reactions: 1 person
Next up: Ebola. I've petitioned the CDC to allow testing of bath salts on ebola patients, but am still waiting to hear back.

The team at Harvard used embryonic stem cells to produce human insulin-producing cells equivalent in almost every way to normally functioning cells in vast quantities.

Embryonic stem cells? Forget science, that is murder. The 400,000 Britains using insulin injections every day need to suffer, they don't outweigh the interests of a few cells.

Embryonic stem cells? Forget science, that is murder. The 400,000 Britains using insulin injections every day need to suffer, they don't outweigh the interests of a few cells.

I didn't know you believed that.

you can also get embryonic stem cells from the birth fluid, they are probably not grinding up babies or fetuses. calm down.

A friend that I went through grad school with was a co-first-author on this report. The only other southerner in my grad school class. Haha.

Such a simple concept but so difficult to pull off. This is an encouraging step with pre-clinical trials next. That's when things would get VERY interesting. The PI has made the paper available for download for those interested. Particularly meaningful work to my household as my wife is a T1 diabetic.

Cure for Type 1 diabetes imminent after Harvard stem-cell breakthrough

VV Rule of Thumb: Research discoveries are almost never as grandiose as mass media headlines make them out to be.

Reactions: 1 person
Great news. Over/under a decade for the clowns at the FDA to approve this?

Cure for Type 1 diabetes imminent after Harvard stem-cell breakthrough - Telegraph

Only read the first paragraph - site is super slow to load - there is a baldness cure using some kind of arthritis pills but it all of a sudden has disappeared (wonder why?) as for this you post - yes FDA clowns but then the crooks move in --- big pharmacy priceing so high insurance wont cover it. Walgreens and CVS esp. suck

VN Store

Back