Lady writes open letter to her soon to be aborted baby

Rasputin_Vol

"Slava Ukraina"
Woman Pens Chilling Open Letter to the Baby She Plans On Aborting Later This Week

Little Thing:

I can feel you in there. I’ve got twice the appetite and half the energy. It breaks my heart that I don’t feel the enchantment that I’m supposed to feel. I am both sorry and not sorry.

I am sorry that this is goodbye. I’m sad that I’ll never get to meet you. You could have your father’s eyes and my nose and we could make our own traditions, be a family. But, Little Thing, we will meet again. I promise that the next time I see that little blue plus, the next time you are in the same reality as me, I will be ready for you.

Little Thing, I want you to be happy. More than I want good things for myself, I want the best things for the future. That’s why I can’t be your mother right now. I am still growing myself. It wouldn’t be fair to bring a new life into a world where I am still haunted by ghosts of the life I’ve lived. I want you to have all the things I didn’t have when I was a child. I want you to be better than I ever was and more magnificent than I ever could be.

I can’t do to you what was done to me: Plant a seed made of love and spontaneity into a garden, and hope that it will grow on only dreams. Love and spontaneity are beautiful, but they have little merit. And while I have plenty of dreams to go around, dreams are not an effective enough tool for you to build a better tomorrow. I can’t bring you here. Not like this.

I love you, Little Thing, and I wish the circumstances were different. I promise I will see you again, and next time, you can call me Mom.

So there is all this movement for affirmative consent based in arguments that a woman who is compromised (by alcohol for example) cannot consent to sex. Given that standard, does anyone believe this woman is in her right mind to consent to terminating what she clearly believes to be a person?

I know by even asking this question I'd be trashed by pro-choicers but it seems the stakes are higher here.

Reactions: 5 people
So there is all this movement for affirmative consent based in arguments that a woman who is compromised (by alcohol for example) cannot consent to sex. Given that standard, does anyone believe this woman is in her right mind to consent to terminating what she clearly believes to be a person?

I know by even asking this question I'd be trashed by pro-choicers but it seems the stakes are higher here.

If one honestly believes that their fetus has reached the level of personhood (that differs from person to person), then her actions would be indefensible given the stated reasons.

She seems to understand it is unethical to have child you are not financially or emotionally ready for. Which I wholeheartedly agree. But, it begs the question, if so, why weren't you using a condom (with pulling out), on birth control, or abstaining?

Reactions: 2 people
She seems to understand it is unethical to have child you are not financially or emotionally ready for. Which I wholeheartedly agree. But, it begs the question, if so, why weren't you using a condom (with pulling out), on birth control, or abstaining?

I used to agree with the first 2 sentences but have seen enough to know that you are never ready but you make adjustments.

You have the power to change your circumstance and the power to adjust your life to a child.

I agree that thought should come before the act but it's not as if you can't adjust after the fact.

Reactions: 3 people
I used to agree with the first 2 sentences but have seen enough to know that you are never ready but you make adjustments.

You have the power to change your circumstance and the power to adjust your life to a child.

I agree that thought should come before the act but it's not as if you can't adjust after the fact.

That's the whole point. Once there is a person, it becomes a mute point.

She has conceded she believes it is a being. Given that, I would say it is infinitely more unethical to kill it rather than not having it because you feel "unprepared."

She has conceded she believes it is a being. Given that, I would say it is infinitely more unethical to kill it rather than not having it because you feel "unprepared."

You should see my post before that one.

Agree with PKT. Should have used birth control or abstained. No excuse.

What is so difficult about this? There is no excuse for getting pregnant if you do not want to. Period. Weak people with weaker self control and just utterly pathetic.

Responsibility and accountability have gone by the wayside.

VN Store

Back