Gas $2.60 a gallon

lawgator1

Gas prices go below $3 - Oct. 15, 2014

Still over $3 here, though, rat bastards.

Oh, and in before "just in time for election" conspiracy types.

images

Reactions: 1 person
For the past few election cycles it has definitely dropped just before voting. It's not a coincidence at this point.

Reactions: 2 people
This could be one reason.

Saudi Arabia to pressure Russia, Iran with price of oil

Saudi Arabia will force the price of oil down, in an effort to put political pressure on Iran and Russia, according to the President of Saudi Arabia Oil Policies and Strategic Expectations Center.

Saudi Arabia plans to sell oil cheap for political reasons, one analyst says.

To pressure Iran to limit its nuclear program, and to change Russia's position on Syria, Riyadh will sell oil below the average spot price at $50 to $60 per barrel in the Asian markets and North America, says Rashid Abanmy, President of the Riyadh-based Saudi Arabia Oil Policies and Strategic Expectations Center. The marked decrease in the price of oil in the last three months, to $92 from $115 per barrel, was caused by Saudi Arabia, according to Abanmy.

This could also have dire consequences in the oil fracking business and other oil sectors that have a high cost of extraction.

Great. Thanks LG. You started this thread. And with the luck you always bring with it. I will be paying $3.50 next week. It felt better filling up my truck yesterday. Oh well.

It was 2.63 at the Valero down the street yesterday. I conscripted my entire household on their lunchbreaks to fill up our 4 vehicles. I popped chubs at the pump.

this is the reason I don't mind driving up to knoxville, I save 50+ cents over ATL prices when buying in Chattanooga.

Barry Soetoro has done such a great job, let's praise him for the gas prices being so low :eek:lol::eek:lol:

LG you're hilarious.

gas in charlotte between 3.19 and 3.29....went to knoxville last weekend and paid 2.89 on sunday, saturday in charlotte was 3.29.
the problem with that is the tax difference btween NC and Tenn is only either 14 or 16 cents...i think its 16. so how is gas more than 30 cents different, in some cases 40 cents? Price gouging in Charlotte.

VN Store

Back